Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: What have you done for your Rig lately.  (Read 488980 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: What have you done for your Rig lately.
« Reply #1350 on: April 24, 2017, 04:40:28 PM »
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Hi Lift mounted.

What mounting brackets did you use? I'm trying to figure out if I want to mount a Hi-Lift for the Rubicon on the Garvin rack or the rear swing arm.
Isaiah 6:8

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #1351 on: April 24, 2017, 04:45:15 PM »
What mounting brackets did you use? I'm trying to figure out if I want to mount a Hi-Lift for the Rubicon on the Garvin rack or the rear swing arm.

The Hi Lift 1-1/2" tube mount Erik...grabbed it on Amazon for $61 delivered. Worked really well, no slippage with the weight of the jack, no rattles, easy access.

Hi-Lift Jack TM-700 1"-2" Adjustable Tube Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003CEODQI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_fVjx3zErEPqQo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Celt

« Reply #1352 on: April 24, 2017, 06:58:46 PM »
The Hi Lift 1-1/2" tube mount Erik...grabbed it on Amazon for $61 delivered. Worked really well, no slippage with the weight of the jack, no rattles, easy access.

Hi-Lift Jack TM-700 1"-2" Adjustable Tube Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003CEODQI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_fVjx3zErEPqQo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so the same mounts that I have on the bar of my front bumper, I like those they work well and have never slipped at all over the last 4 or so years since I installed them. Cool thanks for the info!

fiercextreme

• 4wd Pts: -10
    • 2015 xTERRA OVERLANDER MODEL!
« Reply #1353 on: May 06, 2017, 12:51:29 AM »

Finally built a rear cargo organizer. I love it! Nothing fancy, just what I envisioned, something basic to stow stuff underneath and not having to worry about digging. Just have to secure it and add the tie downs on top.
WARNING: P&P crossing a-head

Riz98

• 4wd Pts: 8
  • PBR ASAP
    • 2002 Nissan Xterra
« Reply #1354 on: May 07, 2017, 05:05:06 AM »
Looks nice.  I also need to build something to keep tools/trail gear separate from other cargo for ease of access.

Celt

« Reply #1355 on: May 07, 2017, 06:53:19 AM »
Looks nice.  I also need to build something to keep tools/trail gear separate from other cargo for ease of access.

Action packers brother!

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #1356 on: May 07, 2017, 05:41:15 PM »
Revamping my Hefty Bumper
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

« Reply #1357 on: May 07, 2017, 05:56:27 PM »
Nice!

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
« Reply #1358 on: May 12, 2017, 10:59:06 AM »
Spent the last couple of weekends under Jake's truck.  Started out with the front hubs swap and decided to throw on some rear air bags for towing reasons.  While it was down we threw in new front u-joints since one looked like it was failing.  Many of the wear and tear items have now been replaced on his rig.  The next thing to figure out is why his gas gauge now sits at 3/4 full when the tank is completely full It still goes down from there but that does not help a lot.

Celt

« Reply #1359 on: May 12, 2017, 12:42:24 PM »
 I have a similar issue with my sending unit only it drops to 3/4 tank after about 24 miles travelled. What I suspect is the arm in the sending unit has been bent over time off roading so it initially shows an inaccurate level. One of these days I might change it out and see if that fixes the issue.

Jayrat

• FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #1360 on: May 13, 2017, 08:34:32 PM »
Redesigned my Hefty Fab bumper.

Before:

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/DzrtX/SCCX%202017/Jay%20bracket%201.jpg
What have you done for your Rig lately.

During:

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/DzrtX/SCCX%202017/Jay%20bracket%202.jpg

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/DzrtX/SCCX%202017/Jay%20welding%201.jpg

After:

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/DzrtX/SCCX%202017/Jay%20bracket%203.jpg

Painted and Installed picture tomorrow

EDIT:  photos rotated and resized. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 09:27:50 AM by Ghost65 »
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

« Reply #1361 on: May 14, 2017, 06:22:21 AM »
Looks like it's all ready for Cerro Gordo!

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #1362 on: May 14, 2017, 09:36:40 AM »
  Many of the wear and tear items have now been replaced on his rig.  The next thing to figure out is why his gas gauge now sits at 3/4 full when the tank is completely full It still goes down from there but that does not help a lot.

Jeff and Erik...the issues are with the stock Xterra FSU (fuel sending unit)...one of the many electronic "fails" Nissan Engineers had a serious miss on.

Replacing the unit isn't for the faint of heart...but I think you can easily tackle this as a weekend project, which ends the guessing game of exactly where your fuel levels are.

There are several threads on this "over there," but my son and I completed this project in a day, draining the tank, dropping the tank, and replacing the unit in about 4 hours.  The fsu can be had from parts warehouses online for about $150, and you know how much your saving over the stealership rate of $110 an hour by doing this yourself.

After inspecting my unit post removal, it seems that the fuel actually degrades the plastic slider that the float arm functions on, not allowing it to return to its proper "level" thus giving you an inaccurate reading.  The new unit I bought appeared to have an upgraded spring to potentially help with leverage, as the plastic slider mechanism didn't seem to change alot from stock.

I could only find ones silly photo from the project...I'll try to dig for more from some of my old build threads.  :D

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/DzrtX/The%20GhostX/GhostX%20Mods/Gastankfunny.jpg

John/Ghost65
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Jayrat

• FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #1363 on: May 14, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/DzrtX/The%20GhostX/GhostX%20Mods/Gastankfunny.jpg

John/Ghost65
Now that's a B F H  :o

Celt

« Reply #1364 on: May 14, 2017, 10:05:16 AM »
I figured there was some sort of issue with the sending unit, thanks Ghost. The saving grace is when the low fuel light goes off I know I'm down to five gallons so I can at least go another 60-70 miles safely.