Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: BLM Mojave Rd. update news  (Read 2344 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
BLM Mojave Rd. update news
« on: April 17, 2018, 07:16:57 AM »
This was released on the AAT forum so I thought I would pass it along in here. I'm not 100% how or if this would really have any effect on what we do out there. It seems like it's where their boundaries for the park itself:

After many years, The Bureau of Land Management has released their Draft West Mojave Route Network Project Land Use Plan (WEMO). If you explore the Mojave Desert on BLM Lands, this may be important to you:

https://blm-egis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=4ae087c34bc142b3b5265cc32752e3f8

Greg Hoffman
 OHV Manager

Forest Service
San Bernardino National Forest

p: 909-382-2811
 c: 909-615-0475
ghoffman@fs.fed.us

602 S. Tippecanoe
 San Bernardino, CA 92408

edit:

I did a little more digging and found this: https://www.blm.gov/programs/planning-and-nepa/plans-development/california/west-mojave-plan-route-network

The link will show you some of the ideas behind this. I'm not exactly sure about what they will come up with but it seems like they are largely concerned with where and how you can travel out there. While I agree that we should be using established trails and campsites I worry about closures being implemented. That is a touchy subject with me as I do not always agree with why they close areas off. As many of you know my Dad has been heavily involved with ABNHA and he has seen many closures simply because the lead ranger decided it would be a good thing under the guise of "Habitat restoration" Sometimes the goal is to limit access to other areas which is a constant chess game that's being played out. Generally speaking I think all of us have conservation in mind and protecting our resources but we really need to be involved with other groups who are working very hard to keep those trails and areas open for our future generations.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:29:19 AM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8