Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Embarrassed......  (Read 6267 times)

FBachman

Embarrassed......
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:05:31 AM »
Just had a great chat with one of your members and his wife/girlfriend in our service department, who are avid Xterra off-roaders.  Almost made me want to borrow an Xterra and meet up on a weekend!  I am embarrassed to admit I did not even know that an off-road Xterra club existed, and I have been a Nissan dealer or general manager for many years.  As of today, our new facility is now open to your club, at no charge, of course, for sponsoring meetings, get-togethers, or Xterra shows.  Special Nissan OEM and aftermarket parts pricing rates are already being put together by Manny Casillas, our service director, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.  Any new or used Xterra sales will be at our lowest price possible, through Linda Webber, our fleet and internet manager.  Bring your best deal to her, don't disclose it, and she will beat it with her best quote, first time, every time.  If we can answer any questions, or be of any service at all, please let us know.  Contact me personally for use of our facility.  We have a great upstairs meeting room, and we would be happy to supply the refreshments for get-togethers or shows.
Frank Bachman, Carson Nissan  405 at Wilmington, Carson, CA       
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:27:34 AM by FBachman »

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
Re: Embarrassed......
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 03:14:54 PM »
I like this invitation.  Particularly the saving on parts.  What say we put together a meet at their dealership followed by an Xcursion somewhere nearby to initiate them?  Any takers?
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

strikedistance

• 4wd Pts: 1
    • 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 Diesel 4x4
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 04:24:10 PM »
Im down to do something like that.

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »
Welcome to the club Frank and thank you for extending your services and facilities to us fellow Nissan enthusiasts!

Looks like we have a new venue/rendezvouz point for club meetings, MOD days(?), Christmas parties and all type of gatherings from now on!

What an early Christmas present to SCCX!!!  ;D
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
Well howdy! I'm out in Riverside so it's a darn long drive to Carson but it's a great offer!
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

FrankB

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »
Thanks for the great offer.

Carson is quite a drive for me from San Diego, so I might not be able to attend, but perhaps someone closer can organize a Meet & Greet sometime. I know there are a lot of members up that way.

4x4forfun

• 4wd Pts: 6
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 03:00:12 AM »
Thanks for the great hospitality offer. This is a first for the club I believe. While Carson is a bit of a drive for me I would like to attend a meet and greet party there.
 So Frank,
 I know you got to have at least one 4X Xterra on the lot there. Why don't you "borrow" it and go out with the club some day and see what these trucks can really do? Your detailing dept. might not appreciate it but you will!
But he said it was stock friendly!!

FBachman

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 09:51:12 AM »
That sounds like a plan, but unfortunately, driving a new vehicle off road would have to be disclosed upon sale and would change the value quite a bit for most "new car" buyers.  But, anyone with an open seat on a half-day or one-day trip, I'm in...fuel, food, and whatever else (end-of-day beverages) are on me.
I have several friends who do the "Jeep thing", and I have always heard it is a blast.
(Besides, my driving would probably scare the worst of 'em.)

Goldfish

• 4wd Pts: 16
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 10:05:14 AM »
Frank, thank you for your invitation to your dealership. I'm not to far from you in Bellflower. I do my own maintenance, but I will definitely come see you for parts and if there is any warranty work to be done. (Hopefully not). If I ever have a open seat I will give you a call.
Don

Kill the headlights and put it in neutral.

FrankB

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »
That sounds like a plan, but unfortunately, driving a new vehicle off road would have to be disclosed upon sale and would change the value quite a bit for most "new car" buyers.  But, anyone with an open seat on a half-day or one-day trip, I'm in...fuel, food, and whatever else (end-of-day beverages) are on me.
I have several friends who do the "Jeep thing", and I have always heard it is a blast.
(Besides, my driving would probably scare the worst of 'em.)

Frank, if you are available this coming Saturday (the 19th) you might want to post something in the upcoming Xcursion thread (Anza Borrego 17 Palms / Arroyo Salado) to see if anyone has an available seat. You could meet them either at the trail head or somewhere in Borrego Springs and leave your car.  Just a thought.

Bobby B.

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 07:10:07 PM »
Welcome aboard.  Thanks for the offer. 
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.