Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: No Luck Finding a Manual X  (Read 15533 times)

classicmfk

Re: No Luck Finding a Manual X
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 02:52:16 PM »
So I ended up buying the one in Grass Valley during a trip to Tahoe a couple weeks ago. 2006 Night Armor OR 4x4 Manual with only 34k miles, exactly what I was looking for from the beginning. It's awesome, even better than I thought it would be.

Of course, after only a week of having it home some idiot uninsured driver slammed into the back of me. The bumper and rear step took all the damage though, so really just a hassle more than anything. Nobody likes having to take a vehicle into the shop before even getting the damn plates on it. Anyone in North County have any body shop recommendations?

Haven't taken it off the pavement yet because the tires suck, but should be able to fix that before too long. Anyway, thanks for the help guys!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 02:54:25 PM by classicmfk »

Goldfish

• 4wd Pts: 16
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 06:13:18 PM »
Congratulations. Nice color, by the way. ;D
Don

Kill the headlights and put it in neutral.

Oz

• 4wd Pts: 14
  • Cybernetic organism; living tissue over metal
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 06:18:55 AM »
oh Gosh - congrats on the purchase but that really blows to have some knucklehead hit you. Hope all the bad luck is outta the way now!

AV Xterra

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 09:33:21 PM »
If those are the stock Offroad tires Frank successfully off-roaded on those for quite awhile.
I eat other peoples food.  It's a sickness.

fleury123

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 09:56:12 PM »
this is a true statement. I have had both and my gen 1 with engine mods doesnt shake a stick at the gen 2 with no engine mods yet.  Mileage is about the same or an little better.  I have seen  manual gen 2,s but they are few and far between.  Bere in mind wheeling with a stick is an art form not many posses: with off-camber, slow inclines, and throttle bumping to clear obsticles. I am just saying it can be tough wheeling.
Dude, I hope you mean more power than a 1st Gen with four cats; a 2nd Gen has waaaaaaay more power than a 1st Gen - just sayin'

3.3L VG33E V6: 180 hp
supercharged VG33ER: 210 hp

versus

4.0 L VQ40DE engine: 265 hp