Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: a couple of pictures of the aftermath of flash flood in Borrego Springs last ...  (Read 3000 times)

Cthulhu

• 4wd Pts: 1
I was messing around Borrego Springs today with thunder lightning rain, and clear skies to entertain.  Last sunday they had torrential downpours and the road heading out from Borrego Springs to highway 78 was hit by a flash flood around San Pablo Road.  I took a couple pics of the flood scar - it created a new wash I think - and the view looking upwash from Borrego Springs Rd.   The road itself had been bulldozed clean leaving 5ft high piles of dirts and crap on either side.

the backward S in this picture is the path of the flood and, I think, is a new feature on the landscape.

looking back up the flood path from Borrego Springs Rd.  Path veers off to the left.

Pic through the windshield (sorry it was raining) of where the flood crossed the road.  The piles again are from the road.  Flood came from the right.

Panning up the previous pic shows a nice thunderstorm dumping rain just to the south.

I don't have the link but someone posted a video of the flood in progress on youtube.  Worth a look if you can find it.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Awesome pictures. We were out in BS all weekend.

Sent from Planet Claire using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Mastagrog

• 4wd Pts: 4
I was in anza on friday and Saturday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2