Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Important Info About Orders w/Trail Duty or Gobi..  (Read 2721 times)

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
Important Info About Orders w/Trail Duty or Gobi..
« on: April 02, 2018, 09:41:52 AM »
This was posted on another forum and I thought I'd post it here too, just in case you ordered from Trail Duty or plan on doing it in the future.  Not my info, just passing it on...

Offroaders in other forums began posting on 3/29/18 that the owner of Trail Duty passed away and Trail Duty is now out of business.   

The following message was posted on Gobi's website on 3/29/18:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attachments/5th-gen-t4rs/291264d1522361052-gobi-statement-trailduty-screenshot_20180329-150140.jpg
Important Info About Orders w/Trail Duty or Gobi..

On 3/30/18 at 4:14 p.m., Gobi posted the following message on its Facebook page:

"[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Due to unforeseen circumstances we ask that all Trailduty orders no longer be placed as we will not be able to verify or process any Trailduty orders moving forward.[/FONT]"

Rumors are circulating that Gobi is telling customers who purchased Gobi products through Trail Duty but never received product that: 

(1) Trail Duty has their money (apparently Gobi didn't collect money from Trail Duty until product was shipped by Gobi);
(2) Gobi will require payment before product can be shipped even if Trail Duty previously took their money; and
(3) Customers who paid Trail Duty should contest the charges with their credit card issuers.

That's all I know so far.   Anyone wishing to purchase a Gobi product would be well advised to have a telephone conversation with Gobi before placing an order.

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

beedee

Re: Important Info About Orders w/Trail Duty or Gobi..
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 10:13:52 AM »
Very sad to hear about what happened. As you stated on the other forum, I can't imagine the mess that will unfold with past orders that never shipped, etc..

Ruination Fan

• 4wd Pts: 12
    • 2004 Nissan Xterra
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 11:59:48 AM »
That's a bummer. I got my rack from trail duty...best price, free shipping, free ladder and no tax. It was the best place price wise. Granted it took like 2-2.5 months to get....but worth it.

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 05:28:54 PM »
Hope what ever mess they are in, to get it fixed