Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: AAT quarterly meeting July 15, 2015  (Read 4861 times)

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
AAT quarterly meeting July 15, 2015
« on: July 09, 2015, 09:14:39 AM »
Hello Adopt-a-Trail Volunteers!

Next Wednesday is our Quarterly meeting at Corona Sizzler.  Please have a club representative attend this meeting.

If you have any agenda items, please let me know.

Dinner 6-7 pm, Meeting 7-9 pm.

Hope to see you there!!

Greg.
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: AAT quarterly meeting July 15, 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 04:26:17 AM »
Daphne and I will be attending this meeting.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 10:25:37 AM »
Wow great news JT.

This just in from Greg:
The Adopt-a-Trail meeting will be held tomorrow night in Corona.  I hope we have a really good turnout of volunteers.  Some items of discussion will be:

- Official Lake Fire road closures and re-openings

- New volunteer policies and procedures

- New Adopt-a-Trail Program (All Clubs) shared trail to maintain (Why and Where)

- 2015 BBQ/Awards information

- SBNF Roads/trails History presentation

- Forest sustainability (roads/trails) presentation

- New equipment

- Upcoming projects

- Current challenges we all face in the forest

- Preparing Adopt-a-Trails for El Nino?!?

All Adopt-a-Trail members, family and friends are welcome to attend this essential meeting!

Thank YOU,

Greg.

__._,_.___

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 08:49:38 AM »
Daphne, Jordan and I attended the AAT meeting last night, and it was well attended.  Over 100 club members from all over Southern California were there, and Greg covered all of the above topics.

Perhaps the most memorable is the new Blue Quartz Trail AAT, which overlooks Big Bear Lake, and will be a shared AAT project.  He also handed out new trail maps for the Big Bear area, and both Jordan and I snagged copies (1 per attendee).

I'd like to get my copy to some of the folks who have expressed an interest in helping out the AAT/SCCX program in the coming weeks, as it clearly details all of the trails and connectors in the Big Bear area.

Also discussed was the condition of the Lake Fire, which is 98% contained and still slowly burning in the San Gorgonio Wilderness.  Almost all of the affected trails in the USFS area have reopened, but the wilderness area will remain closed until further notice.

Thanks to all those who have expressed and interest in helping out with the AAT Program, as Terry/SoCalXTerry and I will be taking a step back and handing the reins of the SCCX/AAT Program to a new group.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 09:44:22 AM »
i tagged along with the taco, didnt take any notes but points that stuck out in my head.

lake fire is 98% contained and is estimated that it may burn until winter... it is in the San Gorgonio wilderness area where the basic rule is to let it burn, good news is the lake fire is a dirty burn, an update released on July 5 indicated that almost 70% of 30,000+ acres inside the fire perimeter were either unburned or have low soil burn severity, with only 2% receiving a high soil burn severity,  so the forest should come back much quicker.

New AAT shared trail is Blue Quartz Trail, an easy trail with great views, not so much a 4x4 trail as Greg mentioned it was car friendly.

new policy for AAT, you can now apply for workmans comp if you are injured while attending a trail cleanup so no more worries about breaking your back on the trail :)

el nino is coming, make sure drains are clear for proper drain off with limited errosion.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 01:47:32 PM »
Thanks for the information. It's good to hear the Lake fire didn't cause too much severe damage.
I will definitely be a part of AAT for the coming year.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 04:29:23 PM »
Thanks guys, for attending and informing.  I don't do meetings (unless I'm the center of attention), but I appreciate those who do.  And, if elected, I willl be active in clean-up and Buick removal.  I am the Ahab to the Buick's....  I mean, if the Buick was a whale and my truck was a harpoon...  Sh**, just let me know when and where to show up.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO