Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: How's everyone doing  (Read 4208 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
How's everyone doing
« on: April 17, 2020, 05:38:53 PM »
 Figured I would start a thread to see how everyone is doing. Unfortunately, I have not seen anyone in a long time. Not much traffic on the forum. Hopefully everyone is still ok. I'm still going to work day in and day out. The family is generally at home and I'm sure getting a little stir crazy. I also wanted to see if anyone needed anything in specific as I'm pretty mobile most days? If there is something in specific people need and I can help consider it done. Maybe some of the others can do the same. This is a tight knit group of solid folks. Now is a great time to stick together as much as possible.
Isaiah 6:8

FrankB

Re: How's everyone doing
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 04:07:50 PM »
Hi Erik,

It has been rather quiet around here.  I too hope everyone here is doing okay.

Other than some serious cabin fever Heather and I are doing well.  Still able to work from home, so that is good.

Stay safe and healthy everyone, and a special thanks to those of you who have to be working out and about potentially exposed to this thing.

Celt

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 07:26:42 PM »
Hi Erik,

It has been rather quiet around here.  I too hope everyone here is doing okay.

Other than some serious cabin fever Heather and I are doing well.  Still able to work from home, so that is good.

Stay safe and healthy everyone, and a special thanks to those of you who have to be working out and about potentially exposed to this thing.

Frank, glad to hear from you. I'm very happy all is well with you and yours! Thank you for the response and checking in Brother!

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 09:14:35 AM »
Well this is the first time in 26 years, that I have been unemployed (and that was only for 2 weeks)
I have accomplished more in the last 1.5 weeks than I've done in a year,
which has made me realize how lazy I've been

Stay Healthy Everyone
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 07:08:29 AM »
I've been fortunate to still be working full-time plus.  Since my company services the Aerospace Industry, was is considered and essential service, I still have travel to San Diego, Canoga Park, and points unknown.  They unfortunately don't see this pandemic as a reason to easy there schedules.  So while they sit home an bark orders, we have to find ways to get  there projects done without a full labor force or supplier meeting their commitments.  Right now most of my projects have slipped 2 months.

I still think I have it better than my wife, the teacher.  She's at home trying to teach dance over Zoom while fighting with our good for nothing sons for band width.  I could work from home, but why get in the middle of that mess. ;)
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 11:20:45 AM »
Hey everybody,

Between juggling the 2 kids and now this COVID crap, I've only been off roading once in 9 months.  I've been fortunate enough that Samsung has all of us working from home, so we've been stuck inside even before the recommendation.  We don't get out much, we order everything online and have it delivered.  We were getting a little low on the TP and PT, but luckily we snuck in an order from Sam's Club, so we're good for the next few months. 

Now if we could only get out now when gas is so cheap...

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 06:23:46 PM »
fortunately im still working but only for 30hrs a week. trying to keep my sanity at home...:(

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 07:15:32 AM »
I am teleworking, but Sharon (preschool teacher) is in her sixth week of lockdown.  She is threatening to redecorate.  The dogs are happy to be with us.  I really just feel like packing the Dominator full of food & getting the hell out for a while!
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 09:37:12 AM »
First off, just know that every one of you in California are in my thoughts because I know the situation out there is pretty hairy.  We've been fortunate up here and haven't experienced the supply shortages or mob mentality panic that is occurring on the west coast.  We're also not locked down and I'm extremely thankful for the situation up here being a little less crazy.  Jenny hasn't worked for about a month, I'm still working, but in rotations with other people in my same position.  It has been nice being at home with family, though frustrating sometimes.  We haven't tried to bury each other yet, so that's good and I've been able to see Jack start walking and Lilly get potty trained.  I'd miss all of those things if I was still working a full schedule.  My personal belief is that a higher power has used this pandemic as a way for everyone to reset and see the things that are really important.  Maybe that's too deep, but I believe it. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 06:27:25 AM by RikRong »
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 08:54:30 AM »
The Fanaselle clan is hanging in there. I've been working from home for about 7 weeks now, and Jess is in her 4th week now of working from home. The toughest part is trying to balance my work, her work, and Gavin's schoolwork, all while sharing the same home office space. So far, we've managed to get it done, but it can be challenging when both of us need to be on a conference call for work at the same time and Gavin needs help or supervision to complete an assignment. His teacher is doing a wonderful job with this whole "distance learning" concept, and I'm so thankful that he goes to a great school that already implemented a lot of technology before all of this mess started (which made the transition much easier for him). That said, he misses his friends terribly, and he has so much dang energy that he just can't burn off. His little league baseball, running club at school, and several hours of recess/playground time all came to a screeching halt, and he doesn't have any siblings to keep him busy, so we've become his constant source of entertainment and stimulation, which is tough.

Last weekend, he and I finally got out and did something. We took a drive out to the middle of the desert and camped for a night (BLM land near Red Cloud Mine, off of I-10), and then we explored the entire next day in the area of Red Canyon Jeep Trail and the Bradshaw Trail. He had an absolute blast, and it helped resolve a little of my cabin fever, too. We kept it safe and stuck to BLM areas that are not shut down, to avoid any issues with fines or getting kicked out (remember that undeveloped BLM areas are still open for recreation, including trails). We barely even saw any other humans while out there, so it was a perfect getaway, and the weather couldn't have been any better.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Celt

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 02:25:12 AM »
Sounds like most are doing well. It will be nice to get together again for a post-foolishness gathering. Really bums me out that I didn't make the last outing SteveC put together in AZ. I suppose it puts things into perspective about that is really important vs. artificial importance...

I do really hope everyone here is doing well and please let us/me know if there is anything you need so you can be taken care of. I have always looked at everyone as family and enjoyed all of our outings and getting together for the food trucks etc.