Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: New member from the Inland Empire.  (Read 3988 times)

Ag0635

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2002 Xterra
New member from the Inland Empire.
« on: July 29, 2019, 04:06:44 AM »
Good morning everyone
My name is Art!
New member out of Ontario, CA.
I have a 2002 Nissan Xterra SE that I recently got my hands on. I'm pretty new to xterras and mods but I have an idea of what I want to do to start off.
A buddy told me about this thing called a PML? I've ordered the shackles through Calmini this weekend but cranking up the t bars is new to me and I'm hesitant about giving it a go myself. Any suggestions on how to prep for this? I eventually want to do a BL and some shocks/ucas but we'll leave that for future projects.

Anyways, I look forward to hearing from you all soon. Have a great week! 👍👊

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re: New member from the Inland Empire.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 07:48:10 AM »
Welcome,

Poor Man's Lift is a great start, I'd recommend also replacing the shocks if they look old.  Hopefully you will get your parts from Calmini, they have a bad rep for being very slow and very hard to get a hold of to get your parts.  https://www.4x4parts.com/ is a great resource for parts for the 1st gen X.

cranking up the torsion bars is pretty easy, you just tighten the bolt on the torsion bar key, probably want to soak the threads with some penetration oil a few days before hand.  You probably won't have enough threads to just crank them up, but all you have to do is loosen the torsion bolt and re index the torsion bar, the ends are splined so just rotate it a few teeth then retighten the torsion bolt, making sure it does not stick below the frame when set to the ride height you want.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Ag0635

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2002 Xterra
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 10:08:09 AM »
Thanks for all the useful information knightrider.

I tried looking online (offer up, Craigslist, letgo) to see if anyone had the shackles locally but they're hard to come by. Hopefully Calmini doesn't give me a hard time. I noticed the site has a garage sale section, I'll look through there to see if I come across some shackles.

I have some PB blaster I can use for the threads before knocking it out. Is this something I can do on a weekend in my driveway?

fourxfunk

• 4wd Pts: 14
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 09:23:08 PM »
Welcome aboard Art! Post pics of that sweet 1st gen as your build progresses.  -Brian

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 06:38:46 AM »
Welcome to SCCX >:D
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 08:55:43 AM »
Welcome from Murrieta!