Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: High Desert Trails Rally 5/4/19  (Read 3959 times)

zaphos

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2001 Xterra SE 4x4
High Desert Trails Rally 5/4/19
« on: April 30, 2019, 02:08:39 PM »
The California Rally Series is looking for radio support teams to assist with check points and radio communication for the High Desert Trails Rally near Ridgecrest, California.  This is an all day event and is an exciting way to sharpen your radio skills while assisting and watching the high speed rallycross drivers.

You can learn more about volunteering for this event at http://highdeserttrails.com/

The course winds through Jawbone Canyon and Kelso Canyon on County dirt roads.  Some volunteers and drivers will be staying at the Springhill Suites in Ridgecrest, which is also the Race Headquarters.

I was assigned as radio operator at Kelso Valley

+35° 23' 51.90" -118° 13' 11.30" "Bullwhip Bravo"

Signup at URL above and then All volunteers: check in at registration to sign waiver and get a wristband. Friday 8:30-10:30am, 6-8pm, or by appointment, and Saturday 7am-7:30am in the China Lake Conference Room at the SpringHill Suites in Ridgecrest.
Destination unknown but I'm on my way.

KI6EBQ

Gunslinger2N

• semel iterumque referebant eos ad contritionem!!!!
    • 2014 Pro-4X
Re: High Desert Trails Rally 5/4/19
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 06:32:19 PM »
Dang it.... I wish I would have known about this before today!!!! This would have been a cool event to stretch my HAM license a bit....
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

zaphos

• 2001 Xterra SE 4x4
Re: High Desert Trails Rally 5/4/19
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 10:09:34 AM »
The rally was ridiculously fun. Unfortunately way too many had the Bao-suck handhelds so, those of us with solid handhelds and mobil units were retransmitting for the “weak” course locations keeping us busy.

More HAMs are always needed so the next event will be Gorman Ridge Rally Aug 24th.

http://gormanridgerally.com/volunteers/

Hopefully, with the increase in lead time, we’ll get some more folk who are interested in volunteering. Communications isn’t the only thing you can do, you can pick anything that want.

I can also create its own thread as the event gets closer.

./mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Destination unknown but I'm on my way.

KI6EBQ