Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Fire restrictions  (Read 2682 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Fire restrictions
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:44:20 PM »
Here it is hot off the press:

San Bernardino National Forest Increases Fire Restrictions

SAN BERNARDINO, California, June 26, 2017 – The San Bernardino National Forest will increase the current seasonal fire restrictions effective Saturday, July 1, 2017.

Hot, dry and windy conditions along with critically dry and receptive fuel types throughout the San Bernardino National Forest have prompted local fire mangers to implement additional fire restrictions. The restrictions are designed to prevent accidental wildfires, these restrictions will affect additional recreation sites and become more restrictive in areas already in restrictions.

The fire restrictions that are effective on all San Bernardino National Forest lands are as follows:
•Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire or stove fire except within the areas listed in Exhibits A, B, and C (exhibits attached). 
•Smoking is prohibited, except within an enclosed vehicle, building, or in the areas listed in exhibits A, B, and C.

·       Persons with a valid California Campfire Permit are not exempt from the prohibitions listed above, however, persons with a valid California Campfire Permit may use a portable contained-gas or liquefied-petroleum stove or lantern with a fuel shut-off valve.
•Welding, or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame is prohibited.
•An approved spark arrester is required for all off-highway vehicles.

Fire Management Officer Jaime Gamboa said that everyone can play a role in keeping our community safe. “The community and all forest users can help in the prevention of fires by being careful when using your public lands and by remaining vigilant in reporting illegal and inappropriate behaviors within the forest and our community.”

The US Forest Service will be aggressively citing those who do not comply with the posted restrictions. Violation of these prohibitions is subject to punishment by a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than six months or both, as Class B misdemeanors under federal law. Persons may also be responsible for resource damage, suppression costs and any injuries that occur if they are found liable for causing a wildfire.

Forest visitors are encouraged to “Know Before You Go” and call ahead to the local Ranger Station to check on location conditions and restrictions at the following offices:

San Bernardino National Forest Supervisor’s Office

602 S. Tippecanoe Ave., San Bernardino

(909) 382-2600

Big Bear Discovery Center

41397 North Shore Drive / Highway 38, Fawnskin

(909) 382-2790

San Jacinto Ranger Station

54270 Pine Crest, Idyllwild

(909) 382-2922

Front Country Ranger Station

1209 Lytle Creek Road, Lytle Creek

(909) 382-2851

Mill Creek Visitor Center

34701 Mill Creek Road, Mentone

(909) 382-2881

Santa Rosa & San Jacinto Mountains National Monument Visitor Center

51-500 Highway 74 Palm Desert

(760) 862-9984
Isaiah 6:8

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Re: Fire restrictions
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 08:49:50 PM »
Good to Know ..Thanks Celt,
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 09:07:53 AM »
Looks like they haven't even updated the San Bernardino National Forest webpage with the new restrictions yet. I'm sure that'll happen today or tomorrow. I always feel bad for those who had 4th of July plans in the mountains and were expecting to have a campfire, but 'tis the season for fire restrictions and no one should be surprised. Three major fires within the forest during a 2 week period will certainly bring the fire restrictions!

Celt - the post makes a reference to an exception for certain locations (apparently listed in Exhibit A, B and C).... do you have those areas? I was hoping they'd be listed on the website.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:09:34 AM by JFanaselle »

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 04:49:09 PM »

Celt - the post makes a reference to an exception for certain locations (apparently listed in Exhibit A, B and C).... do you have those areas? I was hoping they'd be listed on the website.

It's still not listed for some reason? As I remember it the same glitch happened last year too. I'll keep doing daily updates and try to update it as soon as I get the info for you guys.
Isaiah 6:8