Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Sat Nov 22: Fish Creek & Sandstone Canyon - Anza Borrego  (Read 89034 times)

onewaysoldier

• 4wd Pts: 3
    • 2001 XE - SAS'd
Re: Sat Nov 22: Fish Creek & Sandstone Canyon - Anza Borrego
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2008, 12:03:29 AM »
wish I could join you guys on this run...  Have fun.  Diablo Drop Off is totally stock friendly.  I took a group through there earlier this year and we had around 4 or 5 stock 4x4's with us.  Lots of fun.

Have fun guys.  Hopefully I'll join y'all on the December run.
I'm trying to figure out something witty.

chad

• 4wd Pts: 2
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2008, 11:42:32 AM »
Bad News can't make it
I have to work that weekend :(
I hope to make the next one
Have fun and post a lot of pics
Hey don't get me wrong or anything, I have been in the outdoors but... is it always this dusty????

xperienced

• 4wd Pts: 0
  • Glamis wall ride- all stock
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2008, 04:08:55 PM »
Count me in!  My dad and I are going to make it as long as I get my X back from the body shop tomorrow. 

Keep your fingers crossed- I got t-boned (by an idiot going the wrong way up a one way street) but was able to work out a deal with the body shop to fill in the front fenders where I took off the plastics.

Oz

• 4wd Pts: 14
  • Cybernetic organism; living tissue over metal
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2008, 04:16:38 PM »
There.s a very slim chance I can go. I am on call this w/e and can't switch with anyone. I may have to go to Chandler for a job there :(

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2008, 05:03:11 PM »
Looks like the Fish Creek site is N33 02.38' W 116 05.76' and IIRC that's where we met up last year.
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

xtoolbox

• 4wd Pts: 10
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2008, 09:29:23 PM »
Paul: Campsite (Below)from last year run around that corner outcroping?

For Sat night we could do a twlight run through Coyote Cyn and camp at the end, maybe meet at the trail head at 5pm or some thing if you guys want to head back to borrego springs?   Could make it to sheep camp ~1hr or so if nobody gets hung up on the "rocky hill of doom" which I hear has been blasted and paved/stacked with rocks. 

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/Xterra/CampSiteToo.jpg
Sat Nov 22: Fish Creek & Sandstone Canyon - Anza Borrego
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:32:43 PM by xtoolbox »

chad

• 4wd Pts: 2
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2008, 07:52:45 AM »
it me again.
i think i am in ???
i will call you (Frank B) frday night to let you know
Hope to make it
Hey don't get me wrong or anything, I have been in the outdoors but... is it always this dusty????

FrankB

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2008, 12:25:57 PM »
Looks like the Fish Creek site is N33 02.38' W 116 05.76' and IIRC that's where we met up last year.

As near as I can tell Paul those coordinates are out on Split Mountain Road (near where Fish Creek Wash starts), the Fish Creek Primitive Camp is about 1.4 miles up the wash, on your left as you're driving. You can see it clearly in maps.google or other sat photo maps.  There is no charge to camp there.  If you're going to be at the campsite we'll just meet you as we roll by.  That photo that you and Brian have posted looks llike it was taken back in Sandstone, maybe about a mile or more in. That's probably right about where we might stop for lunch.

I spoke with the rangers this morning. Sandstone should be passable to about the 2.5 mile mark, where they have it closed as a wilderness area.  That's as far as I was planning to go anyway.

As for Sheep Camp and the Rocky Hill of Doom, he said that they have done some work on that trail. He did not know if they expected any large groups up there this weekend (it was apparently full of Boy Scouts last week).

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2008, 09:38:30 AM »
OK we'll be at the Fish Creek primitive campground this afternoon and meet you guys Saturday morning.
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

jefenger

• 4wd Pts: 0
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
I hate to do this, but I can't go anymore.  :'(

I've got an important upcoming exam that I need to dedicate the whole weekend to study for. I'm hitting myself while saying that, but its true. I just can't sabotage my graduate school career with 1 weekend of fun.

You guys have fun out there and take lots of photos so I can experience this weekend's run vicariously!

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2008, 05:04:53 PM »

I've got an important upcoming exam that I need to dedicate the whole weekend to study for. I'm hitting myself while saying that, but its true. I just can't sabotage my graduate school career with 1 weekend of fun.

You guys have fun out there and take lots of photos so I can experience this weekend's run vicariously!

Good luck on the exam.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

FrankB

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2008, 05:19:22 PM »

I was going to say that having to study never stopped me before, but then I remembered that's probably why it took me 9 years to get a undergrad degree and another 5 for an MS. Not an outcome I would wish on others.

Best that you study when you need to, we'll have lots more day trips to Anza Borrego in addition to the regular club runs to other places.

Oz

• 4wd Pts: 14
  • Cybernetic organism; living tissue over metal
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2008, 06:07:10 PM »
Well its confirmed - I'll be heading out to Coyote Springs, NV tomorrow morning for work. I guess I should be happy I have a job but somehow that doesn't help much.

Have fun and be safe. Take lots of pictures

Goldfish

• 4wd Pts: 16
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2008, 08:46:45 AM »
Thank you to everyone on this trip for welcoming Denise and I into the group. We had a great time and it was cool to be able to put faces with names. Thank you Frank for the pie. Look forward to the next time we can go again. Can't wait to see some pictures. I will get ours posted asap.
Thanks again.
Don
Don

Kill the headlights and put it in neutral.

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2008, 09:46:56 AM »
Hey Don, it was great to meet you and Denise and see some new members.  We had a good time as well.  Thanks to everyone who turned out for making a great run.  That includes Rachel even though she had a flat tire and set back the women's movement by like 50 years. ;D
I'd rather be happy than right any day.