Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SCCX Welcome Center / Re: Hello! From San Diego
« Last post by knightrider on May 11, 2021, 08:16:42 PM »
Welcome. Honestly, Nissan vins lie.  If it doesn't have an e locker it's not an OR.  Don't worry tho, the vehicle is plenty capable without it and ABLS is pretty good if you know how to use it, gentle steady throttle and the system will apply the brakes to the wheels that are spinning.
SCCX Welcome Center / Re: Hello! From San Diego
« Last post by Jayrat on May 11, 2021, 07:01:24 PM »
Welcome To SCCX, the scenery on Otay Truck Trail are nice
SCCX Welcome Center / Hello! From San Diego
« Last post by dinkydee on May 11, 2021, 06:28:48 PM »
New in San Diego, just picked up a 2009 Xterra OR (according to vin) after a lot of research and wanting to get into camping, trails and general adventure stuff. I'm guessing what I got was modded quite a bit since for an OR it lacks the e-locker. Anyway, the vehicle has been in the shop since picking up getting some service items done that I knew would be needed from the last owner. Will post pics soon once I finish the maintenance lifts. A few small questions:

Any SD shops you all recommend?
Front shocks are leaking, were the stock units Bil 4600? Looks like the last owner put on 5100 in the rear but I can't tell what is in the front...

Looking forward to trying the Otay Truck Trail (main road) soon, and joining up for some excursions after!
SCCX Display Case / Re: RikRong's BluX build...Sshhiinnyyy....
« Last post by RikRong on May 04, 2021, 05:43:50 AM »
Looks good, Rick. I had to replace that plastic T, as well. I ended up having to use OEM again (because it was a sudden failure) and I got kind of lucky that my local dealership had the whole assembly it in stock. It had been leaking for a bit, and I should have proactively replaced it with higher grade components like you're doing.

I'll agree with Tim and say that I really do miss my Xterra, but I knew that I would. I wish I hadn't been in the position that I was, and that I could have kept it for much longer. But it was on the brink of needing some major work (cats, transmission), in addition to a BUNCH of small things, and it just didn't make sense to invest significantly more into it than what it was worth. Along with some other changes in my working/life situation that put me in a position to sell my "commuter car," it just made sense to replace my "fun car" and my "commuter car" with a new vehicle that would be my DD and my weekend warrior. With the Xterra no longer in production, I was really holding out for a new Frontier. When Nissan announced that the 2022 model was just a carryover of the 2021 (and that the release of the new one was delayed until 2021 second half, as a 2022 model), it was the tipping point that forced me into a Tacoma. I just couldn't wait any longer.

Still zero regrets, but I do miss the Xterra.
Understandable, it's a cost versus benefits thing at that point.  I also got my Xterra and started wheeling it several years after many of you OG members on here started, so I'm only starting to scrape the surface on the mileage that some of you all have/had.  When the miles get up there, we'll see how things hold up, hopefully, it's not a tale like all the other Xterras out there.
« Last post by JFanaselle on May 03, 2021, 09:02:33 AM »
Looks good, Rick. I had to replace that plastic T, as well. I ended up having to use OEM again (because it was a sudden failure) and I got kind of lucky that my local dealership had the whole assembly it in stock. It had been leaking for a bit, and I should have proactively replaced it with higher grade components like you're doing.

I'll agree with Tim and say that I really do miss my Xterra, but I knew that I would. I wish I hadn't been in the position that I was, and that I could have kept it for much longer. But it was on the brink of needing some major work (cats, transmission), in addition to a BUNCH of small things, and it just didn't make sense to invest significantly more into it than what it was worth. Along with some other changes in my working/life situation that put me in a position to sell my "commuter car," it just made sense to replace my "fun car" and my "commuter car" with a new vehicle that would be my DD and my weekend warrior. With the Xterra no longer in production, I was really holding out for a new Frontier. When Nissan announced that the 2022 model was just a carryover of the 2021 (and that the release of the new one was delayed until 2021 second half, as a 2022 model), it was the tipping point that forced me into a Tacoma. I just couldn't wait any longer.

Still zero regrets, but I do miss the Xterra.
SCCX Xcursion Pictures / Re: Need to get out!
« Last post by RikRong on May 03, 2021, 06:04:09 AM »
Seeing pics like this makes me miss California a little bit, but it makes me miss you all and the camaraderie even more.
« Last post by RikRong on May 03, 2021, 05:57:44 AM »
Completed some preventative maintenance last week.  Hoping to avoid the plastic tees from blowing up unexpectedly, especially since I plan on keeping this thing for a long time, unlike most of the other members on here.  8)

^^^^^^This! ^^^^^^

As a side note it cannot be confirmed as of yet but i heard from two reputable sources Duffman is selling his X and buying a prius........
Well, there is at least one Prius owner in the FB Xterra group who actually wheels it quite a bit.  She joined a couple of years ago when one of the admins played a joke and changed the group name to Prius Crew.  The group had that name for a few months because FB frowns on frequent group name changes.  lol
SCCX Xcursions / Re: Need to get out!
« Last post by Celt on May 01, 2021, 08:55:28 AM »
So.... how was the camping trip? Everyone is being awful quiet.... is this one of those 'let us never speak of this again' weekends?!  lol

It was a terrible trip. Everyone was walking around kicking rocks with looks on their faces like they were eating lemons.
« Last post by Celt on May 01, 2021, 08:51:27 AM »
Completed some preventative maintenance last week.  Hoping to avoid the plastic tees from blowing up unexpectedly, especially since I plan on keeping this thing for a long time, unlike most of the other members on here.  8)

^^^^^^This! ^^^^^^

As a side note it cannot be confirmed as of yet but i heard from two reputable sources Duffman is selling his X and buying a prius........
SCCX Xcursion Pictures / Need to get out!
« Last post by CAWoody on April 30, 2021, 10:33:49 AM »
Here is the report and some pictures from our trip to Stump Springs.

The weather was cool on Fridays arrival with a slight breeze. We were greeted by a group of regulars that were there to celebrate it being Friday by polishing of a case of beer.  There were 5 guys and not one of them could see straight.  They were a friendly bunch but rather sketchy looking. As Jayrat put it, "they made him look respectable."

It was a beautiful location with views down to Palm Springs.  A short hike gave you a view to the Salton Sea.  We were never worried about being short of ice since there was some snow patches in the area.

Saturday warmed up a little but the winds started in the middle of the night and never stopped.  A few of us had to secure our tents and awnings throughout the day.  10"spike could barely hold the parachutes down.

Nights by the campfire with our favorite beverages were really what the doctor ordered.  The stories were engaging and my long time family friend and his girls really enjoyed the group.  Her is actually considering buying an X so he can hang with the cool kids. :)

Sunday morning everybody had enough of the wind and the last of us cleared camp around 10:30.  We were all curious if the wind ever died down up there.  It might be worth a day trip to the top just to see.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Jay trying out his new Home Depot hatchet.  Splittin' logs like they were butter.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10