Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: rear sway bar  (Read 3864 times)

surfxterra

• 4wd Pts: 1
rear sway bar
« on: August 21, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »
hey guys,

just out of curiosity, do you guys permanently take off the rear sway bar or just when on the trail?

thanks

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re:
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »
Ditch it forever, you'll never notice the difference unless you tow
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Deadpilot

• 4wd Pts: 18
Re:
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:41:21 PM »
Rear sway bars are overrated. You won't really notice a difference with it off permanently. The front one is a different story depending on your coil over

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: rear sway bar
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 04:26:43 AM »
 My rear sway bar has been gone for a long tme now. What I would caution anyone to get used to the way the vehicle will handle. There will be some noticeable lean on decreasing radius turns or when you have to apply hard braking in conjunction with a turn like a daily experience on our wonderful freeways. It's very similar to when you first start driving on oversized off road tires. The vehicle acts differently, so you need to adjust your speeds to operate safely on the roadway. After some time you should get used to the new handling characteristics. This being said, I prefer having my sway bars removed. I don't remove them and put them back on for wheeling and road travel. I also drive much slower for an added level of comfort and safety.
Isaiah 6:8

surfxterra

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »
kind of what i figured. thanks. i have owned many Long travel trucks so i will be use to the body roll. looks like its time to ditch the sway bar. thanks again.

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re:
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »
My rear diff came out of a Frontier...so it doesn't even have accommodations for a rear bar.

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 06:58:35 AM »
I ditched mine the day after I bought my 2013 X.  You'll never notice it missing.  And don't try to sell it.  Everyone trashes them.
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 08:09:58 AM »
hey guys,

just out of curiosity, do you guys permanently take off the rear sway bar or just when on the trail?

thanks

Most of us remove it Surf...but you might want to save it just in case you need to re-install upon the future sale of your rig.

Sway bars look great propped up in the corner of your garage...for 5 years...collecting dust.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

surfxterra

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 02:30:35 PM »
Most of us remove it Surf...but you might want to save it just in case you need to re-install upon the future sale of your rig.

Sway bars look great propped up in the corner of your garage...for 5 years...collecting dust.

haha i was thinking that. collect dust like the other "stock" take offs do.