Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Anyone ever fish at Jess Ranch in Apple Valley?  (Read 3986 times)

Xterror

• 4wd Pts: 2
Anyone ever fish at Jess Ranch in Apple Valley?
« on: October 28, 2010, 04:55:20 PM »
Hi Everyone, 
          Long time since I've posted anything.  Last time I posted about moving to Victorville, which is now my new city of residence.  I've been really busy the last few years with buying a home in 2006 when the market was high  :( , (will soon be renting this house.)  Getting married 2006, enjoying living alone with my wife for our first time, 2006-2009 (we both lived with our parents while dating.)   Deciding to start a family, had our first girl in March 2009 and had our 2nd girl Oct 13th 2010. Last but not least, this year starting my own company with a couple friends, which is going great.  Now that things are starting to settle down, I want to start some outdoor adventures like before.  I haven't gone offroading with my X since we went to Anzo Borrego in 2008 I think,  the only offroading I do is on the desert next to my new home, shortcut to the main road, hahahaha.  So im going to start on my outdoor stuff small and try to go fishing this Saturday. I haven't fished in 12yrs, I use to go 2-3 a month when I was in high school.  Took me all week to find my tackle and poles.  Had to go through my garage, my moms, and my grandmas looking for my stuff.  Wow this post got longer then I intended.  Was wondering if anyone has gone to Jess Ranch to fish,  I hear it's pretty clean, no lisc required, just pay $17 for 2 poles and 5 fish limit, and best of all, they have a NO SKUNK policy, lol,  if you dont catch anything by 3:30pm you can fish their lil pond full of trout I guess.  Any tips will help, 

Thanks,

Edgar
Formerly Ed_monster

FrankB

Re: Anyone ever fish at Jess Ranch in Apple Valley?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 06:08:26 PM »
Edgar,

Congrats on the newest Little Monster.  And the new business etc.  Say hi to Jen for Heather and I too.

Hope you can make it out to the 5th annual Fish Creek run, last time we saw you was on that run 2 years ago I think.

Sorry, can't help with the fishing question  - I usually get my fish already cleaned and boned at the fish market.

AV Xterra

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 09:06:50 PM »
Wow Edgar you sure have been busy. Can't help you on the fishing thing but it's good to hear from you again.
I eat other peoples food.  It's a sickness.

Xterror

• 4wd Pts: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:06:54 PM »
Hi Frank and Dan,

I will try to make a run soon.  Now that I'm in the high desert, I'm going to try to make the next rattle snake canyon trip for sure.  Ill let you know how fishing went,  looks like it might rain so I might have to put it off until next week.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:08:51 PM by Xterror »
Formerly Ed_monster

Bobby B.

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 11:27:58 PM »
Just remember they can smell fear.  Both the fish and your kids.  Adjust fishing techniques accordingly.
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.