Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: AAT Changes  (Read 41430 times)

G.B.H.

• 4wd Pts: -21
    • 08 xterra se
Re: AAT Changes
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2018, 02:16:28 PM »
You are correct. I did use the word "club" when I shouldn't have. I think because whatever SCcX is it had an adopted trail and I felt the C word appropriate (and it's also in the name ;)). Honestly, I like what it is. I'm not much of a club guy. It's a happy medium.
Also, If someone on here belongs to a real club and does have a trail to clean. I will be there if I can. One of the few things I do like and will participate in that real clubs do.
G.B.H.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2018, 02:45:40 PM »
You are correct. I did use the word "club" when I shouldn't have. I think because whatever SCcX is it had an adopted trail and I felt the C word appropriate (and it's also in the name ;)). Honestly, I like what it is. I'm not much of a club guy. It's a happy medium.
Also, If someone on here belongs to a real club and does have a trail to clean. I will be there if I can. One of the few things I do like and will participate in that real clubs do.

Definitely wasn't ripping on you at all.... We do use the world club (and yes, it's right in the name). But the reality is that this isn't any more of a club than a social group that meets at the same bar after work. People come and go as they please, which is part of what makes this group so great.

I was simply making the point that being part of the Adopt A Trail program and being responsible for regular maintenance of a trail is really more for REAL clubs, not social groups like us.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2018, 01:35:13 PM »
Definitely wasn't ripping on you at all.... We do use the world club (and yes, it's right in the name). But the reality is that this isn't any more of a club than a social group that meets at the same bar after work. People come and go as they please, which is part of what makes this group so great.

I was simply making the point that being part of the Adopt A Trail program and being responsible for regular maintenance of a trail is really more for REAL clubs, not social groups like us.

Wait a minute here, Randy keeps tellin me I owe him 20 bucks a month for dues?????
Isaiah 6:8

Celt

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2018, 12:11:28 AM »
But...there is shame in trying to hobble along, attending sporadic meetings, even fewer people at clean ups, etc.  There haven't been posts from anyone here in "log your AAT hours" thread in TWO YEARS.

While I think it's time to let this trail go to another club, it's a bit of a misnomer about no hours logged hours for the past two years. Whenever anyone has gone to the trail, I have logged the hours. The AAT log hours was created by Joe to get an account of everything on this site. They do not accept me just reporting that format, it has to be a little different. What I had to do was transpose those into a more detailed spreadsheet including peoples names, addresses and signatures attesting to the hours. Then I sent that to the Park Service so the hours can be documented. There is a lot behind the scenes that isn't necessarily noted and simply logging them on our site does not transpose them to the Federal accountability hours. I appreciate everyone's help with this and it's admirable with what we were trying to accomplish. In the end I truly do wish we could have accomplished more with this project but have no regrets with the help that was given and all the hours donated over the years by everyone.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2018, 09:30:19 AM »
While I think it's time to let this trail go to another club, it's a bit of a misnomer about no hours logged hours for the past two years. Whenever anyone has gone to the trail, I have logged the hours. The AAT log hours was created by Joe to get an account of everything on this site. They do not accept me just reporting that format, it has to be a little different. What I had to do was transpose those into a more detailed spreadsheet including peoples names, addresses and signatures attesting to the hours. Then I sent that to the Park Service so the hours can be documented. There is a lot behind the scenes that isn't necessarily noted and simply logging them on our site does not transpose them to the Federal accountability hours. I appreciate everyone's help with this and it's admirable with what we were trying to accomplish. In the end I truly do wish we could have accomplished more with this project but have no regrets with the help that was given and all the hours donated over the years by everyone.

No misnomers, there haven't been any posts in those threads for two years. 

Which begs the question...as the SCCX AAT coordinator...why weren't you posting the hours there if you were logging them federally?  ;) ;)

My comments were not about discounting or critiquing anyone's efforts...more about the collective apathy of the "club/not a club" which Joe pretty much summed up in his post. 

It has always been a tough load to shoulder for one person...again, as Joe pointed out.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Celt

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2018, 09:44:57 AM »
 I didn't post any of the hours the guys reported to me on that thread because they wouldn't have done anything other than let people here see them. I suppose in retrospect it may have not been a bad idea but it would have doubled the work and I would have had to ask for a raise.  The AAT program changed their reporting format right after Joe made that thread and I probably should have asked Joe to delete it for simplicity. Hopefully a big club can adopt 2N02 because that shooting spot alone is near a fulltime job. In looking at everything, I think the largest hurdle we had was the distance most of us had to travel to get up there and after putting in a day of clean up you really needed to have to camp somewhere to avoid a really long day and dangerous drive home.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:54:52 AM by Celt »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2018, 09:55:46 AM »
I didn't post any of the hours the guys reported to me on that thread because they wouldn't have done anything other than let people here see them. I suppose in retrospect it may have not been a bad idea but it would have doubled the work and I would have had to ask for a raise.  The AAT program changed their reporting format right after Joe made that thread and I probably should have asked Joe to delete it for simplicity.

No need to defend your actions my friend...those winky faces were indicative of my tongue in cheek remarks.

All good.  :) :)

(smilies added to let you know we are all good  :D :D)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Celt

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2018, 09:58:58 AM »
No need to defend your actions my friend...those winky faces were indicative of my tongue in cheek remarks.

All good.  :) :)

(smilies added to let you know we are all good  :D :D)

Oh gesh, don't worry about that. I wasn't taking any offense to any of it at all.

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2018, 01:45:22 PM »
  Oh gesh, don't worry about that. I wasn't taking any offense to any of it at all.
Eric after being offended by this post....
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Celt

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2018, 02:04:19 PM »
Eric after being offended by this post....

Hahahahaha, as we all know Im kinda delicate and meltdown pretty easy.

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2018, 06:43:50 AM »
Hahahahaha, as we all know Im kinda delicate and meltdown pretty easy.
Yes, you are such a snowflake!  LOL!
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2018, 08:37:05 AM »
Gentlemen and Ladies...

We have officially been removed from the SBNF AAT Program.  Angie Cook and Greg Sequoia have been notified, and although the program is going through what has been described as a "transitory" phase, notice has been given and accepted.

Angie Cook thanked us for our many years of service, and wished us well.

On a personal note...thank you to everyone who participated in or contributed to our efforts during our tenure with the AAT Program.

With special recognition to the AAT coordinators who unselfishly gave of their time and efforts...

Terry Lindgren, Clint Bussey, Edwin Avelar, and Erik Pollock.

I think we can all hold our heads high in acknowledging that we left it better than we found it.

Chapter closed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 08:39:08 AM by Ghost65 »
KD6DCI