Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: newbie from yorba linda  (Read 3543 times)

Ampaez36

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2002 Xterra SE Supercharged
newbie from yorba linda
« on: January 24, 2017, 11:15:16 AM »
Hi guys! I'm Andrew and i recently got a 2002 Xterra andI'm interested in taking my x off reading. Sadly, its only a 2wd and since im only 17 my parents wont let me sell the car so I'm currently looking into converting it. I know that its easier to just buy a new one but this is my first car and I have already done some modifications to it so theres no going back now. But I'm new to off reading (only been to holy Jim once) and I really want to get into it, so just saying hi and trying to meet some fellow Xterra off roaders, maybe meet someone willing to help me out converting or just teach me how to fully utilize my two wheel drive. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:21:19 AM by Ampaez36 »

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
Re: newbie from yorba linda (+ looking for some modifications help)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »
Welcome from San Clemente!!!

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
Re: newbie from yorba linda
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 12:26:07 PM »
Yeah! another OC'er. :D :D  Welcome from Orange.

Green Goon (aka Tom) has a shop that did his solid axle swap, I'm sure he has many suggestions.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

CVXTERRA

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 03:28:20 PM »
Welcome from Pasadena!

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 06:33:51 PM »
Welcome from Murrieta! As a newbie to the "off road" world and to driving in general, I would strongly encourage you to be EXTRA cautious as you're learning how your rig operates and what it's capable of. Everyone wants to mimic the glorious videos they see on YouTube of jeeps climbing up nearly sheer mountainsides, or million dollar trophy racing trucks going 110 miles per hour through the open desert, but you must understand that those vehicles have thousands of dollars in custom work done to them, and those drivers often have years and years of experience under their belts. Just take it easy, and you'll quickly learn that a 2 wheel drive rig is really quite capable once you have proper ground clearance and good protection. It'll make you a better driver, as you'll learn to pick really good "lines" through obstacles and tough roads.