Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: 2wd friendly trails  (Read 7148 times)

Ampaez36

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2002 Xterra SE Supercharged
2wd friendly trails
« on: April 04, 2017, 12:39:12 PM »
Hello all,
I was just wondering if you guys know any 2wd friendly trails and other places I could explore. I only have 2wd with no lockers, but i do have a winch if it is needed. Right now, I've only been to trabuco creek, but I'd love to go off roading on other trails and areas in the socal/ Orange County area. Thanks!

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
2wd friendly trails
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
Blair Valley/Little Blair Valley are nice 2WD areas east of San Diego in Anza Borrego with fantastic camping.

3N16/Holcomb Valley Trail is a really nice ride you can link from Lake Arrowhead all the way to Baldwin Lake east of Big Bear, which is another nice day trip for a  2WD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

beedee

Re: 2wd friendly trails
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 03:51:33 PM »
The main fire road at Cleghorn is 2wd friendly, Maple Springs up to Santiago Peak is as well. Pretty much all of the Main Divide is 2wd friendly in the Santa Anas.

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »
I have done 2NO2 in big bear ( SCCX trail) and hungry valley 4wd course. I got 2wd as well

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 07:09:46 PM »
If your looking in OC.  Santiago Peak through Silverado Canyon has close to 100 miles of 2wd trails.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

JCX

• 4wd Pts: 1
    • 2012 Super Black S
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 07:53:38 PM »
If your looking in OC.  Santiago Peak through Silverado Canyon has close to 100 miles of 2wd trails.
What's the best way to go to Santiago Peak from Long Beach? I keep hearing about it and want to go there.

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 09:55:17 AM »
What's the best way to go to Santiago Peak from Long Beach? I keep hearing about it and want to go there.
Chapman avenue through Orange to just past Irvine Lake is a left turn onto Blackstar/Sileravdo Canyon.  After that left make an immediate right and take the road all the way to the top of Saddleback.  There are many off-shoot roads to take you to Riverside, Temecula or Ortega Hwy.  Holy Jim trail is the most popular. I've taken the north trail that takes you to the 91 fwy, it's a nice trail but you have to double back to go home and it's about 25 miles one way.  Be sure to air down, the roads are really rough and rocky and will rattle your bones.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

beedee

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 02:45:50 PM »

I live in Long Beach also. Let me know if you want to go on a weekend, I can show you around.

JCX

• 2012 Super Black S
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 06:57:26 PM »
Chapman avenue through Orange to just past Irvine Lake is a left turn onto Blackstar/Sileravdo Canyon.  After that left make an immediate right and take the road all the way to the top of Saddleback.  There are many off-shoot roads to take you to Riverside, Temecula or Ortega Hwy.  Holy Jim trail is the most popular. I've taken the north trail that takes you to the 91 fwy, it's a nice trail but you have to double back to go home and it's about 25 miles one way.  Be sure to air down, the roads are really rough and rocky and will rattle your bones.

Thank you Tim

JCX

• 2012 Super Black S
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 07:04:58 PM »
I live in Long Beach also. Let me know if you want to go on a weekend, I can show you around.
I was thinking of going this weekend.

zaphos

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2001 Xterra SE 4x4
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 07:41:22 PM »
I have had very good luck with alltrails.com to find local trails to run.

You can load it on your phone/ PC/ tablet/ whatever. You can pay if you want to download stuff but the free version will give you the information you need.

Under "What to do", select "offroad driving" and then you can also select difficulty (Easy/ Medium probably good for 2wd) and read the write ups which can usually tell you if you can make it using 2wd/ need high clearance, etc. Then, just move/ zoom the map in and out for the area size you want to search and it will search just that area.

Sorry, didn't mean for this to come off like a product plug, just a handy tool I use a lot.

Destination unknown but I'm on my way.

KI6EBQ

beedee

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 09:59:22 AM »
I was thinking of going this weekend.

I could probably swing Sunday, or Saturday afternoon/evening. Its pretty cool at night as well.

AllTrails is pretty cool, I've used it many times.

JCX

• 2012 Super Black S
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 01:34:53 PM »
I could probably swing Sunday, or Saturday afternoon/evening. Its pretty cool at night as well.

AllTrails is pretty cool, I've used it many times.
Sunday will work best for me. I will PM you later.

JCX

• 2012 Super Black S
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 07:09:20 PM »

PM sent