Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Whats my 06 Off Road Worth  (Read 3466 times)

shmabs

• 4wd Pts: 0
Whats my 06 Off Road Worth
« on: October 29, 2015, 03:24:06 PM »
Greetings,

For a myriad of reasons, I'm considering selling my 06 Xterra Off Road package.  I don't HAVE to sell it, but am considering it, and not sure what it might be worth.

Here's a quick breakdown, once I get it cleaned up I will post some pictures.

2006 Nissan Xterra off road package.  4wd, automatic, factory tow hitch, wiring etc.  Purchased with about 111k a few months back. The previous owner did full fluid changes, royal purple in the diffs, Nissan fluid in the trans, spark plugs, cats and 02 sensors before I bought it.  The previous owner had purchased it from car-fax and bought the extended warranty, which is transferrable and good for another 4 years and about 35k. The updated radiator has been installed as well, I have some records from a Nissan dealer in the LA area showing the radiator and some other repairs.  Truck is pretty clean and has been well maintained.

I recently had the timing chain guides, timing chain, tensioners, water pump, motor mounts etc.. replaced at the dealer.  I have a copy of the invoice for about $2800.
In the past 3k I have done the following:

285 cooper discover at3

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
Re: Whats my 06 Off Road Worth
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 03:37:08 PM »
Can you confirm that SMOD didn't affect the transmission?  I know you said the radiator was replaced, but was it replaced because contamination already happened or was it replaced prior to contamination?  Also, it's hard to factor in the price of aftermarket accessories.  Unless another enthusiast buys the truck, they won't care about the mods.  In most cases, you'd be better off pulling the parts and selling separately.  I traded in my '11 Frontier for my '15 Xterra and I actually was quoted a higher trade-in value if the truck was returned to stock.  I took all the parts off, transferred what I could to the X and sold the rest.  Sorry, I can't give you a figure, but I thought I would throw these ideas out for you to think about. 
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

shmabs

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »
I *think* the transmission was replaced by Nissan.  I haven't been able to confirm it with paperwork yet though.

Thanks for the insight!

Mike

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 03:44:54 PM »
I *think* the transmission was replaced by Nissan.  I haven't been able to confirm it with paperwork yet though.

Thanks for the insight!

Mike
If you can get that confirmation, I think it would help the value.
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Odinson

• 4wd Pts: 6
  • 2009 Xterra 4x4
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 03:49:47 PM »
Hey Shmabs,

Sorry to hear ya may be selling soon. KBB is rating about $7.5k for the car as described. Private sales for that  year / mileage usually go betweek $7 - 8k, I'm actually helping a friend look for one just like that. Seeing as you recently put so much into it, ya may be able to add 1 - 2k.

Rik is absolutely right in that if you trade it in, returning to Stock and selling new/upgraded items is the way to go. Dealerships won't add a dime for a HEFTY bumper. Makes no sense but such is life.

If you end up getting paperwork proving SMOD was taken care of / tranny & fluid was replaced, we'd be happy to come look at it - you and I running pretty similar set ups! I'm on 285 Cooper AT3s as well and am installing a new set of Old Man Emu Medium springs next week :)
- "Let us live so that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." - Mark Twain

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 04:32:20 PM »
I'll third the suggestion to pull the aftermarket parts and sell them individually to maximize your return. Typical customer expectation is to save money when buying a package instead of seeing the value in the fact that the labor is done for them.

Unfortunately, when it comes to the market for our Xterras, there's not a huge customer base looking for ones that are already modified. The Xterra crowd is more likely to buy a stock vehicle and get addicted to modifying it slowly, not realizing how much money they've dumped into it until it's too late (ask me how I know ;D) There have been a few REALLY fixed-up Xterras listed for sale on TNX over the past 6 months or so, and they all end up selling for far less than the original asking price, or turn into "part-outs." :(  

Being so well maintained and having all of that work done recently at the dealership should easily allow you to get away with asking for a little above high blue book (especially if you can verify that it has a new transmission from Nissan). Leaving the tires on, I'd say you can easily ask $9k but should be prepared to come down a little since most people will want to haggle.

As for the rest of the parts - we have quite a few folks here in So Cal who are just starting their builds and would be in the market for things like the skids, sliders and suspension components, so you shouldn't have to go through the hassle of shipping most of it.

Either way, good luck selling! Sorry to see you having to get rid of it so soon after starting your build, but I understand that things happen. :(
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:34:43 PM by JFanaselle »

shmabs

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 10:06:38 AM »
I found the papework, and it seems Nissan replaced the trans under warranty.

I'm not sure what to do with the truck right now, when I was looking it was hard to find a nice 4wd model, let alone the off road package.  When I found this one that had a warranty, and maintenance records/history I jumped on it!

I might put it on craigslist just to see what sort of interest I might have.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Mike