Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: AAL questions  (Read 6629 times)

FrankB

Re: AAL questions
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 08:31:05 PM »
For what it's worth, when Greg from PRG installed the lift on my 2005 Xterra (AAL in the back, Total Chaos UCA and RadFlo in the front) he took out the overload leaf, saying it was not needed. In my case we did not change shackles or shocks, or bolts or anything else for that matter.  All we (he) did was put in the TC UCAs and the RadFlo coilovers in the front, popped the 2-leaf AAL into the back, removed the overload leafs and the rear sway bar, did an alignment with a crescent wrench and a tape measure, and called it a day.  No shims needed (but I do realize that is not always the case), and I did have a set of the factory OR Bilsteins that someone had given me already in place.  That alignment lasted for well over 7 years, and the truck road and handled really well.  Way better than stock, way better than my new 2014 Pro-4X.  All that said, if I were doing it again I would replace all the bolts with new ones.  My truck only had about 10,000 miles on at the time.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 09:27:22 PM »
Dear Joe,
A note from the 'Beer Dictionary':
Shock Top[edit]
Brewed by Anheuser-Busch, Shock Top is a 5.2% abv Belgian-style wheat ale introduced under the name Spring Heat Spiced Wheat brewed in Fort Collins, Colorado as a seasonal beer in 2006, then all year from 2007.[12][13] The beer is brewed with wheat malt, two-row barley, orange, lemon, lime peel, coriander and Cascade and Willamette hops.

This is neither a lager nor an import, unless you concider Colorado a sovereign state. But then Coors would still suck!

Stella Artois /ˈstɛlə ɑrˈtwɑː/, informally called Stella, is a pilsner beer(see pilsner) of between 4.8 and 5.2% ABV. It has been brewed in Leuven, Belgium, since 1926,

Pilsner (also pilsener, pilsen or simply pils) is a type of pale lager. It takes its name from the city of Plzeň, Bohemia, Czech Republic, where it was first produced in 1842.[1] The original Pilsner Urquell beer is still produced there today.
Pilsners are fancy lagers.

Cookies should be delicious and chewy but not too crumbly.

I glad that you got all your parts lined up, Steve's the best.  And he'll be the first to tell you that I love to abuse the modders.  Nothing's for free ;D
I look forward to seeing you all Saturday!

Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 10:26:29 PM »
Pardon my lack of knowledge in the world of beer. Feel free to drop your jaw to the floor, but I'm typically a bud light guy myself. Stella it is, I'll come equipped. As for cookies - we'll have to settle for what Costco has to offer, unless my local Stater Brothers has a nice batch of fresh baked chocolate chip ready to go. They're usually quite a bit softer and chewier than the Costco variety, which also aren't too crumbly by the way. :D

And I do recall the jovular ball busting that took place last time I came over. It was a great introduction to some of the gang, and made me realize how great of a group of people you all are. In fact, I'm surprised I didn't get more grief from you when I forgot to remove the 6th lug on one of my wheels and was kicking the crap out of it thinking it was simply stuck on the hub. I guess you were taking it easy on me since I was the new guy. ;D I'm well prepared for more of the same this weekend. See you on Saturday!

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 11:30:29 AM »
Sorry to hear about the Bud Light affliction. 
Any cookies are fine, just bustin'.
Good times ahead.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO