Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: SCCX/Adopt A Trail 2015-16  (Read 5077 times)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
SCCX/Adopt A Trail 2015-16
« on: July 22, 2015, 12:04:19 PM »

Over the past month we here at SCCX have been working towards a transitional plan to sustain future AAT efforts, with Terry stepping aside we needed to figure out what was next!!  We spent some time PM'ing people here that have been involved with SCCX and supported the AAT's efforts, and thankfully everyone responded with great ideas and support.

Now that those plans are closer to completion, I feel very comfortable in introducing the new AAT contacts/liasons for SCCX.

Clint Bussey/Motorpig77 will be spearheading the efforts for SCCX's Adopt A Trail Program, closely supported by Erik Pollock/Celt as the two new figure heads of this great program.

The next few weeks will further organize the plans moving forward, as Clint, Erik and I will personally meet to hash out the details.

One of the thoughts coming out of early discussions is to coordinate two annual clean ups, with spontaneous efforts throughout the year.  Some of the feedback that I have had regarding AAT is that it is tough to get out and work the trail spur of the moment.   A hopeful solution would be to possibly schedule to consistent dates a year, which would establish a base of reported hours, as well as give folks an opportunity to plan twice a year to hopefully support AAT.

Again, I would like to thank all that responded personally to my PM's, and my only request is that you continue to support Clint and Erik's efforts moving forward.

The number one thing people can do to support this program is...show up to the trail head for the clean up xcursions! 

The hours generated equates to reported hours....which equates to more federal funding for this program!!

More to come...please feel free to post below or PM me with any questions or comments!

John/GeoYota
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
Re: SCCX/Adopt A Trail 2015-16
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 11:30:31 PM »
A big thanks to Clint and Erik for stepping forward ;D  I know that you both have jobs and kids and many other things to do.  I will help and support you guys in the field anyway I can.  This is a very good thing. 
And a thanks to Terry for carrying the torch thus far, and to John for handling the smooth transition. 
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 12:31:59 AM »
A big thanks to Clint and Erik for stepping forward ;D  I know that you both have jobs and kids and many other things to do.  I will help and support you guys in the field anyway I can.  This is a very good thing. 
And a thanks to Terry for carrying the torch thus far, and to John for handling the smooth transition. 

Thank you very much, filling Terry's shoes is going to be a monumental task. He's one of those guys that no matter what will not leave a buddy behind (That really says a lot as to his character). I just hope that I can assist in keeping the trails open for our future generations so they can get out there and do some wheeling.
Isaiah 6:8

GreenGoon

• 4wd Pts: 38
    • SAS'd 2000 X
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 01:24:24 PM »
Thank you guys for taking this on.
WE6DGR

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »
Thanks to Clint and Erik for leading our AAT group! Count me in for the year: Now that I know my X can handle all of 2N02 without any issues, I'm good to go. :)
Two planned trail cleanups should be very doable. I know I'll be visiting 2N02 and some surrounding trails a few times during the year.

Motorpig77

• 4wd Pts: 31
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »
You guys are so sweet!!! Erik and I will welcome and all feedback and suggestions to keep this trail as "adopted" and clean as possible! Just doing our part in the big picture so these trails are kept open and we can all continue to have a blast on our wheelin' days!