Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Our Adopted Trail 2N02 - May 23rd!!!  (Read 71239 times)

Motorpig77

• 4wd Pts: 31
Our Adopted Trail 2N02 - May 23rd!!!
« on: May 13, 2015, 02:58:25 AM »
Hey guys,

I am planning to run the SCCX adopted trail 2N02 next Saturday May 23rd.  My plan is pick up as much trash and fix as many signs as I can.  This would be a day trip for me, but of course, if anyone wanted to join, the possibility of camping for the night is always there!

Let me know who is available / interested and I'll put together more info! Thinking about a 9am start time and finishing the trail around 3pm at the latest.

Attendees:
1. Motorpig77
2. Randy...aka... "The Duffman"
3. Alex
4. Lbslide
5. Verg of Big Bear Proper (the one I met on my prerun)
6. Steve C ??? <--- He's still waffling...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:45:35 PM by Motorpig77 »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: Our Adopted Trail 2N02 - May 23rd!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 07:34:39 AM »
Thanks a ton Clint...please make sure you track both your commute and actual trail hours.  If you could also make note of any major areas of trash, or illegal trail breaks that would be great.

I know Terry has been the point person for the AAT program, but with his travel/retirement plans, we as a group may need to seek out a new representative/group of reps to promote 2N02's care and maintenance.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 07:52:48 AM »
Also, track hours for the kids, as the calculate out at 2x the normal adult rate.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Motorpig77

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 08:34:07 AM »
Sounds good John, I'll get you all the info after we're done!

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 08:51:04 AM »
The next time we all get together at Randy's, I'd like to get a group sense for the direction of the AAT program.

I know Big Bear is a drive, esp for the SD folk.  It is a commitment, and for the most part we have been on again/off again supporters.  I know Terry has tried to organize more than a few trips to the area, with minimal support.  The best efforts seem to be planned in advance runs of Rattlesnake Canyon, etc.

How does everyone feel we are supporting the AAT effort?  Above/below expectations? 

With participation at a peak right now, maybe we could collectively decide on a continued/discontinued approach so the select group of individuals involved with this don't feel that their efforts are in vain?

Here is my thought:  pick two dates a year that this group of website supporters camp/clean up 2N02, communicate these dates to Greg Hoffman, the AAT/USFS liason, so expectations are appropriately set/understood/etc.

I know...I know...this is organizing and herding cats...buuuuut, this is more than just putting stickers on trail signs and "saying" we support AAT.

It does require some sort of consistent effort...of which we have all (myself included) been neglecting.

Thoughts?

Sorry for the threadjack MPG...but your post got me thinking and typing (only one cup of coffee!!)  :D :D :D
KD6DCI

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 09:02:13 AM »
Is this a family / stock friendly, trail clean up??
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Motorpig77

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 09:03:36 AM »
Jayrat, absolutely a stock friendly / family friendly clean up for sure!

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 09:17:24 AM »

Here is my thought:  pick two dates a year that this group of website supporters camp/clean up 2N02, communicate these dates to Greg Hoffman, the AAT/USFS liason, so expectations are appropriately set/understood/etc.

I like this idea, a lot!
Set dates give me the opportunity to plan and most importantly submit my vacation requests far in advance. 

Sadly, I have not been on "our" trail. 
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Motorpig77

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 09:34:59 AM »
The next time we all get together at Randy's, I'd like to get a group sense for the direction of the AAT program.

I know Big Bear is a drive, esp for the SD folk.  It is a commitment, and for the most part we have been on again/off again supporters.  I know Terry has tried to organize more than a few trips to the area, with minimal support.  The best efforts seem to be planned in advance runs of Rattlesnake Canyon, etc.

How does everyone feel we are supporting the AAT effort?  Above/below expectations?  

With participation at a peak right now, maybe we could collectively decide on a continued/discontinued approach so the select group of individuals involved with this don't feel that their efforts are in vain?

Here is my thought:  pick two dates a year that this group of website supporters camp/clean up 2N02, communicate these dates to Greg Hoffman, the AAT/USFS liason, so expectations are appropriately set/understood/etc.

I know...I know...this is organizing and herding cats...buuuuut, this is more than just putting stickers on trail signs and "saying" we support AAT.

It does require some sort of consistent effort...of which we have all (myself included) been neglecting.

Thoughts?

Sorry for the threadjack MPG...but your post got me thinking and typing (only one cup of coffee!!)  :D :D :D

I forgive you Taquito! :)

As for my two cents on this thread jack...as for myself, I didn't know we had an ATT until I finally scrolled all the way down in the forums a few months back.  I think the twice a year planned day trip / overnighters are a great idea! I'll give a status report on our trail after next weekend and hopefully we can make a decision in the near future about how to handle this part of our club!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:39:56 AM by Motorpig77 »

Motorpig77

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 09:43:11 AM »
I like this idea, a lot!
Set dates give me the opportunity to plan and most importantly submit my vacation requests far in advance. 

Sadly, I have not been on "our" trail. 

You wanna come run the trail next Saturday buddy? :)

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 09:57:56 AM »
I would LOVE to come out on Saturday and run this trail and help cleanup. Like Steve, I too have never run "our" trail. :(

But unfortunately, my wife has some family in town from Oregon all of Memorial Day weekend and we already have plans with them, so I'll have to take a rain check. :(

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 10:02:59 AM »
Hey Clint, do you mind bringing your trailor?  I want another shot at the Buick that broke my winch :'(
I will bring cutting tools, wrenches, generator and an air compressor.  I WANT THAT BUICK GONE!  
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Motorpig77

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 10:38:34 AM »
Randy, if possible, since I'll have the whole family, I'd rather keep this trip to clean up and some exploring.  BUT we can definitely plan a date in June to go tackle that Buick!!!

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 12:33:14 PM »
I can gladly make the day trip next Saturday Motorpig. :) Big Bear is very doable for me as I'm in the Riverside/Moreno Valley area.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 01:20:01 PM »
Sounds good, that Buick ain't goin' anywhere til then.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO