Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: ISO old photos 01-05  (Read 4283 times)

Axle Jr

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: 0
    • 01 Nissan Xterra SE
ISO old photos 01-05
« on: January 19, 2018, 03:51:44 PM »
Hello as some may know im the son of a former member. Ive been looking around to try and find some photos of my x back in the day and of my father Allen Rose aka Axle when he was om the board. I know its a slim chance but if anyone has any photos i would appriciate it a lot. Years are from 01 to about 05 i belive.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

FrankB

Re: ISO old photos 01-05
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 06:08:05 PM »
Hi Michael / Axle Jr.,

I heard a lot about your father, all of it very good, by the way; and I was very sorry to hear what happened.  I don't think I ever met him in person, I think they had moved to Colorado sometime before I started doing stuff with SCCX in January of 2006. 

You may have noticed that the pictures section here only goes back to 2008.  SCCX itself goes back much further.  There were some website crashes along the way, and unfortunately a lot has been lost.  Also, back then a lot of people hosted their pictures on Photobucket, which recently changed its business model and as a result a lot of the links to older photos no longer work.

All that said, I can see if I can contact directly some of the older members I still keep in touch with who might have photos. Very few of the older members still frequent the website, but we might still be able to get in contact with them.

There is a thread called "Great Moments in SCCX History" that may have some older photos.  Many of the links are broken, but there might still be something there.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 06:13:51 PM »
Frank I was hoping you would get involved in this project because if anyone has any ideas to help out I thought it would be you.
Isaiah 6:8

Axle Jr

• Old-Schooler
    • 01 Nissan Xterra SE
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 06:36:52 PM »
Thank you frank i would appriciate that a lot. If you ever need anything just ask me

FrankB

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 09:09:57 PM »
I don't know if this link will work for you, but this is a set of galleries put up by Marshann (screen name RockinX) who was in SCCX long before me.

https://sccx.smugmug.com/share/r4kJhfWyKipok

I don't know how to make it clickable, but you should be able to cut and paste it.  If this does not work, search the SCCX site for RockinX, and you'll find the link in her signature.

edit: I guess it made itself clickable, and it does seem to work.

Axle Jr

• Old-Schooler
    • 01 Nissan Xterra SE
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 02:08:55 AM »
Looked thru and didnt see any of the x or family but did see logan and that volvo stationwagon of his. Chuckled a little when i saw that was pretty amzing the stuff he did with that.

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 09:45:46 PM »
Hello Axle Jr.

I received a message from Frank regarding this thread. I joined the club back in 2003 and took quite a bit of pics. I'll be happy to share them either directly to you or through the board.

On a more serious note, I am truly sorry for your loss. I had the pleasure of meeting Axle on perhaps one of the most epic SCCX trip I was fortunate enough to attend and it was in the Mojave desert. One of my fondest memory of Axle, being the legend with the biggest heart as he is, winched a fellow member from being stuck in the mud.

I'll dig around and hope to find some old pics. Things might get emotional though...

Take care,
Fred
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

Axle Jr

• Old-Schooler
    • 01 Nissan Xterra SE
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 10:23:15 PM »
Thank you sir i appriciate it. I own the x now and still have that winch and everything besides a few modern upgrades. When im able to make it down to cali id love to meet all of you and make some memories of our own.

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 10:39:28 AM »
Better grab a tow strap cause it's gonna be a wild ride!

Cool pic of you and your sis along with your Dad & Mom and the Xterra in the background.

We found a few pics and this may actually turn into a gallery by itself.

@BOD: I'll leave it up to you if you need to add under SCCX Pictures as a tribute to Axle. I can start a new thread and take it from there.

@Michael: Enjoy buddy!

Fred
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:49:33 AM by XterracerX »
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

Axle Jr

• Old-Schooler
    • 01 Nissan Xterra SE
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 10:56:25 AM »
Tears of joy and sadness from me. Thank you fred i appriciate it a lot. Dad always had to be savin them jeeps lol.

FrankB

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 11:07:10 AM »
There are a lot of pictures in that gallery from that trip.  Maybe a separate thread in the Xcursion Pictures forum for the Mojave 2004 trip would be good.  Others might enjoy seeing it too.