Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Lifetime Cooler  (Read 5249 times)

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Lifetime Cooler
« on: August 20, 2019, 07:06:59 AM »
So I needed a new cooler, I did my YouTube research . and came across the Lifetime 55QT cooler from Walmart $97 much cheaper than the Big name brands , I put it to the test this weekend and was very impressed
3 days still ice and Ice cold beverages , drove home with it in the back of a truck with the sun beating on it still had Ice and cold Beverages .
for those of you cheap like me, 100% worth the $$ and Made in the USA

LINK
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-55-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-Grey/850043843

Guys with a Yeti Video LOL
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 07:08:45 AM by Jayrat »
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
Re: Lifetime Cooler
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 11:03:36 AM »
I have the Ozark Trails versions (55 & 28 qt), also by WalMart, and they work great.  This must be their newer model/line.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 05:26:55 PM »
 That looks like Ozark Trails to me. That being said, I have a soft sided Ozark Trails and a hard sided one. They have performed really well and I've been super happy with them. I've had the hard sided one hold ice for about 5 days in the high sierra summer heat. All the while that was getting into it for cold drinks, adding more beverages and getting ice out of it for a rum an sumpthin. I tried to keep it out of the direct sun or threw my Carhartt jacket over it for an additional layer of insulation. The only upgrade that would be nice is a pressure vent so you could use dry ice in conjunction with regular ice but that's the only real upgrade I would suggest. The soft sided cooler which is significantly small hold ice all across the annual Winter Mojave Rd. Great quality coolers for a whole lot less than the more expensive brands that perform just as well and maybe sometimes better.

PS: Hysterical video!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 05:34:48 PM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

Ruination Fan

• 4wd Pts: 12
    • 2004 Nissan Xterra
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 06:33:39 PM »
We have one as well. And for the price and ease of purchase its a no brainer. It also has a built in bottle opener also where you lock the cooler with a padlock. And it takes on bears like none other according to their pics on the website.

Celt

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 08:27:57 AM »
We have one as well. And for the price and ease of purchase its a no brainer. It also has a built in bottle opener also where you lock the cooler with a padlock. And it takes on bears like none other according to their pics on the website.

I can't be havin those bears gettin into my beer. That would create a mood of intemperate disposition by my behalf.

Ruination Fan

• 4wd Pts: 12
    • 2004 Nissan Xterra
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 08:55:02 AM »
I can't be havin those bears gettin into my beer. That would create a mood of intemperate disposition by my behalf.

It is a sensitive subject.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 09:42:14 AM »
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 09:53:59 AM »
Jay, you know better than post pictures from our events.  What happens at Mountain Rendezvous, stays at Mountain Rendezvous!
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Celt

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 01:56:08 PM »
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

See what happens when you don't have a bear proof cooler or for that matter leaving potato salad out in the open........