Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: San Diego Food & Trucks  (Read 252064 times)

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: San Diego In & Out Carnivore Thursdays
« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2016, 08:52:41 AM »
I will not be there this evening.  :( Finally moved into the new place last weekend, but the process of unpacking and hanging crap on the walls is never ending, especially when you only have like one hour per evening to work on it. I wish I could have just taken this entire week off. Like Tony, I was actually supposed to be on safety patrol for Baker 2 Vegas this weekend as well, but I had to back out of that too.

I've missed the last few of these gatherings and was committed to making it NEXT month. But as I just circled it on the calendar, I realized that next month will be on the 21st and several of us will be in Laughlin for TMR. So I guess I'm shooting for May.  ::)

FrankB

« Reply #256 on: April 03, 2016, 11:52:59 PM »
Since the third Thursday this month falls the day before the Mojave Road trip, any thoughts on maybe switching this to a different date?  Maybe either the Thursday before or after?  I'm fine with the 21st, but I don't know who all is going on the trip the next day, or maybe even that night.

By the way, just a thought, the food trucks are supposed to be back starting this coming Thursday.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #257 on: April 04, 2016, 06:52:16 AM »
Sounds good, you pick the day Frank,
there will be a lot of Pre or Post Mojave talk
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #258 on: April 04, 2016, 11:46:39 AM »
The following Thursday (the 28th) is my birthday.  I won't be spending it with you scoundrels!
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
« Reply #259 on: April 04, 2016, 12:26:55 PM »
Not to rock the boat but has there ever been any thought about changing the day in general.  For me,  if I do a 3 day weekend of any type I usually leave right after work on Thursday.  Tuesday would be a good day to avoid that.

Also at the last meetup there was a little discussion about changing the location to something closer to the freeway.  The In an Out in Carmel Mountain or by The Habit/Rubios in that plaza was brought up.  There is also a Chick-Fil-A there as well.  If further south in desired, there is the In and Out in Mira Mesa or Wings & Things as well as the one in Carmel Mountain.

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #260 on: April 04, 2016, 07:04:29 PM »
The only real reason we do Thursday is because that's when the food trucks are there.  If we decide to change venue there's no reason we can't also change the day. 

The upside to the food trucks is there is changing variety every week with some regular trucks as well.

Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

FrankB

« Reply #261 on: April 04, 2016, 08:06:04 PM »
I'm leaning towards the week after the Mojave Road, that way those of us who can make the trip can at least hear some stories.

Jayrat

• FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2016, 08:30:31 PM »
Thursday is my day off,
and Frank B suggested Food trucks and it sounded good

You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

FrankB

« Reply #263 on: April 11, 2016, 10:44:45 PM »
So for this month, to keep things simple, let's just go with Thursday 28 April at the In-n-Out Burger.

Where: In & Out Burgers
12890 Gregg Court , Poway CA. 92064

From all the back and forth earlier in the thread, it sounds like this should (a) give those of us who can't make Mojave Road a chance to hear some stories, and (b) maybe get to see the Canadian (it's been a while).  All we'll miss, from the sound of it, is some guy who would rather not spend his birthday with us "scoundrels" anyway. 

I will keep an eye out for the food trucks this coming Thursday and see if they show up.  The sign said they were supposed to be back starting April 7, but none showed up. It might have been the forecasted storm (which also hardly showed up) that scared them off.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:46:18 PM by FrankB »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2016, 09:14:01 AM »
Good call Frank...I'll try to make this one pending work schedules.

Sent from Cygnus X-1
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #265 on: April 12, 2016, 10:10:04 AM »
Don't think I'll be able to make this one guys, sorry. I'll be leaving town immediately following TMR for a business trip and won't return until late Wednesday night. Thursday the 28th will be my first evening to catch up with the family.

Jayrat

• FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #266 on: April 12, 2016, 01:27:57 PM »
Sounds like a plan I'll see you on the 28th

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #267 on: April 12, 2016, 02:59:53 PM »
Sounds like a plan I'll see you on the 28th

I see what you did there...
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

FrankB

« Reply #268 on: April 14, 2016, 09:43:22 PM »
I did notice tonight that there were 5 food trucks out at the old food truck spot, so that is a good sign.  We've got a couple of weeks to think about whether or not we might want to move back there.

OffRdX

• 4wd Pts: 6
« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2016, 10:00:07 PM »
I'm never going to make one of these, work is determined to get in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk