Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Anza Borrego Nov 11  (Read 3376 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Anza Borrego Nov 11
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »
 My Dad is leading this trail through ABDNHA and opened it up to anyone who is interested in going along with SCCX you just have to sign up (Space is limited). If you have any troubles let me know through PM and I'll see what I can do. I was planning on attending and maybe camping out down there over night. I was also tossing around some other camping arrangements but it depends upon who is interested. Since this is a sanctioned event through Anza Borrego please make sure you get reservations if you plan on attending or you will not be able to join the group. The over night camp is not sanctioned and wheeling the next day can be wherever you wish to go. I've done these trips before and they are pretty mellow but are a lot of fun. There will be stops to talk about the geography of the area and native people who resided there over the millennia.

abdnha.org for details.  Must call Nature Center for reservations, free trip, 760 767-3098

Canyon Sin Nombre, Nov. 11, Saturday, 8 A.M. - 4 P.M.  Canyon Sin Nombre through Arroyo Tapiado, Diablo Dropoff to Fish Creek and Ocotillo Wells.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:23:19 AM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

Celt

Re: Anza Borrego Nov 11
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 08:31:05 AM »
Had a great time out there. Some very new off roaders went along but with some practice through the day they started doing pretty good with some really good smiles on their faces. Temps weren't too obnoxious maybe mid-80's but in the shade a whole lot cooler. When I was driving home early this morning I was considering turning back around to spend another day out there.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 01:12:05 PM »
Glad they had a good turnout. 

"I was considering turning back around to spend another day out there."

You can turn back next week for the Pie Run 8)
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

FrankB

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 08:21:15 PM »
You should have stopped in Blair Valley Erik.  It turns out I was there this morning on a very last minute trip with my neighbor. It was really nice out there.

Celt

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 09:14:59 AM »
You should have stopped in Blair Valley Erik.  It turns out I was there this morning on a very last minute trip with my neighbor. It was really nice out there.

I sure would have loved to meet up with you out there.