Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: I made it!!  (Read 6994 times)

4x4forfun

• 4wd Pts: 6
I made it!!
« on: November 03, 2008, 10:25:36 PM »
Been really busy here the last few months so I didn't get around to this new site till tonight. Got to say it looks good and seems to be up and working well. Just did a major job on the X replacing all the hoses that pass coolant, replaced the heatercore, heater hoses,  intake manifold and plenum gaskets and such because I was springing leaks after my Sept trip up to the Sierra Wilderness. Did all the work myself after a $1800-$2100 quote from nissan. All is working well now. Cost me about $550 plus a few nicks and bloody knuckles.
 The hardest thing to do was the heater core replacement as I had to pull the whole dash and crash tube just to get the sucker out. Maybe I should do a writeup for that.
But he said it was stock friendly!!

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
Re: I made it!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:21:23 AM »
Glad you made it.  BTW, I'm still interested in the cross bars.  I'll get back to you on when I can come out and pick them up  Are you available during the week?
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

4x4forfun

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 01:43:03 PM »
Hola Mitch,

Long time no hear or see. I am still holding the cross bars for you and for all the hard work you and the rest of the BODs and admins have done for this new site, I have decided to let you have them for free, so there is no pressure on when we can meet and you take them off my hands. Currently I have Mondays off as I am working 6 days and nights a week. The hotel is down to a minimum crew due to the lagging economy so I am pulling double duty.

I need to do a couple of tech write-ups due to my new found knowledge of the systems of the 1st gen. I was able to access the consult-II codes and clear the "check engine soon" light as well as clear my airbag light. I accidently activated both while working on the truck. Nissan told me it would be 3 hours labor cost to do this and it took me about 15 minutes to clear both of them. I found out how to, by searching various nissan owners forums.  I am about to call the State bureau of automotive repairs on them.

So when you are in the area drop me a line. I will PM you my cell phone number later tonight after work.
Another thought I had is there are a couple members in my area I could send them with on an excursion that you would be on if I can't make it. One person is onewaysoldier. He lives just down a couple miles in San Clemente.

Till then keep up the good work,
    Dave

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 04:54:49 PM »
Excellent.  I'll be in touch.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

FrankB

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 06:12:27 PM »
Glad to see you here.

I think that Jake (xterradue) lives in San Clemente too and may be coming on the Nov 22nd run. I'm not sure he has found his way to this site, though.

Just curious, what hotel do you work at (if you can say on the Internet)?

4x4forfun

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 01:39:44 AM »
Hey Frank,

Last time I saw you was the upper coyote canyon run (which means I got to get my ass out on a run soon). I work for the DoubleTree Doheny Beach in Dana Point. Matter of fact ILOVEMUD stayed there one night and parked his truck next to mine and left a note on it telling me to check out sccx site which I was already a member of at the time. Never got to meet him though.

On another note you took interest in a cd I was playing on that trip to coyote canyon and I made a copy of it as well as a double live cd for you and have had them in my car ever since. So I really need to get out on one of these runs and hand those over to you. The musicians name is Daniel Castro and he is a blues artist. Kind of a cross between Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Carlos Santana. My brother lives with his niece and I have met him several times when he comes down to So Cal. He is well known in the San Fran area.

Regards,
   Dave

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 11:33:23 PM »
Dana Point? If I only knew... we could have picked up all those things for Mitch when we were there about 2 weeks ago... left Dana Point to Catalina. Fun times!
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

chad

• 4wd Pts: 2
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 12:40:31 PM »
welcome back
thanks for the advise and sliders they work great ;D
Hey don't get me wrong or anything, I have been in the outdoors but... is it always this dusty????