Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 4518 times)

stephous

New Guy
« on: March 31, 2018, 03:06:48 PM »
I just joined up. I have a 2002 Xterra SE/SC 4X4 and it's a lifted X. I have been out of circulation for a while and need some help finding a shop to work on the truck. I has a lot of mods on it. My HOA does not allow me to turn wrenches so I need to find a shop. I work in Huntington Beach. Who do you recommend?

I will post pictures soon. Looking to upgrade tires, shocks, and interior soon. Right now I'm running 32 x 11.50 x 15s, SLR torsion bars, AC 3" lift, 3" exhaust, Volant CA, and ARB bumpers.

Happy Easter,
Steve P
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 03:48:37 PM by stephous »

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 05:23:41 PM »
Welcome from Murrieta! I can't make any recommendations, as I don't know anything about 1st gens, but we have quite a few first gen guys here who I'm sure will speak up.

FrankB

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 08:59:45 PM »
Welcome from San Diego.

beedee

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 09:43:20 PM »
Welcome. I also work in Huntington Beach.

fourxfunk

• 4wd Pts: 14
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 11:28:56 PM »
What's up dude!!! Welcome!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 08:43:13 AM »
Welcome!

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 09:44:50 AM »
Bonjour Mes Amis  >:D
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

stephous

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 03:51:06 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys! I just posted a picture of the truck. The store manager at Ralphs will let me use his back lot so I'm going to turn some wrenches on loose things.

BR,
Steve P

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »
Welcome from Orange.  If you ever need help, I've got tools and a driveway.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

stephous

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 05:36:12 AM »
Thanks CAwoody! I live in Stepford so the idea of turning your own wrenches here is foreign to these people. The shops near by are for hybrids and ultra high end cars. As soon as I get the tools out the neighbors look at me like I just commited murder. I'm probably going to move back to OC. I moved up here to take a defense contracting job. Now I work for NDT Systems in HB.

I have a 4wheelparts 2 miles away which has been great for certain things. As far as major work goes I tried Elite in HB and Ron Catt Auto Care in HB. Elite did a good job but they really didn't understand the X. Ron Catt does quality work but again they really don't understand the X. One shop "no names here" really screwed up the front end.

The things I really can't do in the driveway: Oil pan gasket, headliner, fluid changes. On Sundays the HOA is usuaaly gone but the fines can be $$$. No one has turned me in yet. 

stephous

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 06:46:22 PM »
I got the truck level this weekend (see picture). It rides so much better and steering is centered. I took the Calmini lift off and installed the AC. The Calmini had rusted out and was squeaking badly. I really like the AC build. Excellent construction. I had to play with the torsion bars to get everything right but remember this was also the case last time. I will probably go back to BFG AT's and Bilsteins. The 2" body lift will go on if I decide to do more serious wheeling. The CG is perfect right now.

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 07:02:17 PM »
Very clean rig