Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Time to say goodbye  (Read 5526 times)

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
Time to say goodbye
« on: July 21, 2022, 07:03:40 AM »
Well my friends, we've been talking about it for a long time.  The wife and I are finally making our dreams of living in the high country a reality.  We are heading to the beautiful town of Evergreen Colorado.  We hit the road August 15 and will be nomads until September 7 when our new to us house is available.  I have to say, meeting this bag of nuts, going on some epic adventures, and doing stooooopid things to my daily driver have been some of the greatest times of my life.  I can't believe its been 10 years.  I never thought joining this forum would reward me with so many great memories and people that I consider good friends, as well as revive my love of the outdoors.  I still think I should have more 4wd points, Jordan >:(.  Much like our friend in Big Sky Country, I will keep stalking the site and looking forward to the banter (which has been sorely missed the last several months Celt, Jayrat, SteveC) ;).  If you ever find your self in Colorado, please be sure to look me up.  I have already been seeing some great trails and camping areas not far from my house.  The cell number and email will stay the same.

My best to everyone,
Woody
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Re: Time to say goodbye
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 08:41:02 AM »
You are definitely going to be missed my friend.   I have 2 questions for you

1. Who's going to make Margaritas now??

2. Who's going to bring the bear bait?

Stay safe on your journey, and enjoy your new life in CO. we will definitely see you again
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 01:52:23 PM »
Woody, you will certainly be missed around these parts. Alas fear not you intrepid sojourner as we are soon to head to what I like to refer to as Southern Canada (Eh) and won't be too far from you. Once established I'm going to be scoping out trails and places to go. Many of these places are not too far from either of us. My new motto is "Have RV and will travel"................................
Isaiah 6:8

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 09:39:37 AM »
I've been off the forum for a while, and just saw this. I just wanted to say congratulations and best of luck, Woody! We've had some amazing times together wheeling and camping. I'll definitely hit you up if I'm ever in your (new) neck of the woods.

CAWoody

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 03:31:59 PM »
Thanks Joe.

Not sure if you did yet or not, but I would highly recommend the gear chance and program for your Taco.  I did it at Aiden James/Sibi built just before we left.  I had to tow the trailer so I was surprised to see that I averaged 15.5 MPG the entire 1800 miles.  Climbed the Rockies like a mountain goat.  Now we are settled in our new place and for the past 4 weeks of mountain driving without the trailer, I've been averaging 18 mpg.  Couldn't be happier.

Celt

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 10:39:09 AM »
18 MPG, man you not only found the unicorn but corralled it into your back yard. That's amazing!

CAWoody

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2022, 05:12:06 PM »
I'm amazed with the mileage.  Especially with my heavy right foot.

Celt

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2022, 06:30:30 PM »
Especially with my heavy right foot.

Yes we know about that...............

lol