Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Elections  (Read 7466 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Elections
« on: November 09, 2016, 02:29:18 AM »
Well guys, I enjoy going off road with all of you and if you got into a jam I would not turn my back on you. There have been more than one examples of this. I'm not sure if this will make some mad or not but it's what I feel. I posted it on another website after I learned the outcome of the elections and felt the need to put it here. Again, it's not to make anyone mad that has a differing political opinion than mine but it's what I believe may be pertinent to todays world we live in. My intent was for both sides to open an ear and quit this garbage we have been going back and forth on for such a long time on. So here goes:

After a long and hard fought battle, it seems the silent majority has spoken. They pissed off the working masses that love this country and their families. They pissed off those that care about our neighbor and will sacrifice for them in times of hardship. For the first time in more than 24 years, I actually feel like the position of the American people has been taken into account. I feel like the establishment has been put on notice (both sides). The average American has voiced their displeasure with the establishment. It's time for a reckoning and those that were doing deals in the dark should be afraid. I hope they are very afraid because they need to have a light shone upon them in their insidious deals and all those involved. I don't care what end of the political spectrum you are on. If you are dirty, you should be hunted down and imprisoned with impunity. "We The People" should mean something to you. We (The People) are not your loyal subjects, We(The People) are your bosses. We elected you to have our best interests in mind. When you vote in your congressional resolutions, it should be what we are telling you to do, not what your special interest groups that donated money to your campaign or political correctness wants you to do. Our families and loved ones and the future of this nation we love are at stake when you cast your vote. When you do not do that, you will see and deserve the displeasure of those that put you in there on the premise of representing us. We (The People) have rights. We (The people) run this country and are not beholden to the government. The government is beholden to US ("We The people"). This was clearly shown tonight. If they do not realize this, it is up to us to eradicate them, hopefully through peaceful means like tonight's sweeping election. I hope and pray that this election may initiate some form of retribution and reckoning setting our great nation back on the path of righteousness. Put America first and quit apologizing trying to level the playing field giving our adversaries a chance to defeat all of us and what we stand for. This is my Country and I dearly love it. This is the country I want to be great for my children and their children. It is not about me and my selfishness. If you cannot accept this, then perhaps you need to question the reason you are entering into politics because we are watching. We vote and we take action as is evidenced by tonight. You are on notice, you are accountable to us, "We The People of the United States Of America" I will not accept failure, I will not accept incompetence from you our elected officials. I demand accountability to us "We The People" For "We The People" put you there and you best not forget that.

Celt
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:08:55 AM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
Re: Elections
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 07:44:06 AM »
Well said.  Although I would put the timeline at more than 24 years (pre-Bill Clinton), but I am older than you.   ::)

Yes, our long walk through Mordor is finally at an end.  Fortunately it was before we had to open the fourth box of liberty, but I was almost at that point.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 08:09:08 AM »
I see eye-to-eye with you and this election has shown me some of the worst in people.  It has shown just how clueless the general populace is.  A President can't just come in and start changing the world, there are checks and balances built into the government.  Trump will make some changes and there will be some good ones.  However, everyone needs to realize that a lot of the stuff he talked about is far from legal, it just won't happen.  In the end, friends are still friends, regardless of stance.  I would never stop talking to someone because of their stance, unless they decided to take it to a personal attack level.   

On a more regional note, though, start stockpiling that ammo... O0
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:11:42 AM by RikRong »
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 08:21:43 AM »
These guys have free shipping and don't charge sales tax (they are on the east coast):
http://www.ammoman.com/

Ammo by the case loads.  But your UPS driver will hate you.  >:D
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 08:35:35 AM »
Well said, all three of you. Unfortunately, at a state level, we're even further down the crapper now. I haven't voiced my political opinion much throughout this election season (I'm a firm believer in voicing my opinion with my vote, and not "forcing" my agenda on anyone else). But I absolutely cannot believe the propositions that passed (overwhelmingly, in some cases) in this state yesterday.

Under Prop 57, for example, 30,000 violent criminals will have their offenses no longer considered violent, and will be eligible for early release under the previously enacted (and equally terrifying) Prop. 47. These crimes include drive by shootings, arson causing great bodily injury, assault with a deadly weapon upon a peace officer, domestic violence causing trauma, and human trafficking involving sex acts upon a minor (and this is just a subset of the complete list - which includes dozens more crimes). Apparently, 65% of the people in this state don't think a person who commits those crimes deserves to serve the entire prison sentence that they were given, because it's simply too expensive to incarcerate them. Any state that "solves" its prison overcrowding problem by simply releasing 30,000 violent criminals has lost it's freaking mind! And 65% of the people in this state voted in favor of this. In Arizona, when they ran out of room in the jails for prisoners, they put up a fence and tents in the middle of the desert, and gave the criminals pink underwear and jumpsuits to help with the heat. And when they were challenged in court, they argued that "if these living conditions are good enough for our troops deployed in the middle east, they're certainly good enough for prisoners who should have even less rights."

It blows my freaking mind. AZ is looking more and more attractive each day.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:38:02 AM by JFanaselle »

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 08:35:56 AM »
These guys have free shipping and don't charge sales tax (they are on the east coast):
http://www.ammoman.com/

Ammo by the case loads.  But your UPS driver will hate you.  >:D
Now, that's a great link.  Thanks, saved to favorites.

Well said both of you. Unfortunately, at a state level, we're even further down the crapper. I haven't voiced my political opinion much throughout this election season (I'm a firm believer in voicing my opinion with my vote, and not "forcing" my agenda on anyone else). But I absolutely cannot believe the propositions that passed (overwhelmingly, in some cases!) in this state yesterday!

Under Prop 57, for example, 30,000 violent criminals will have their offenses no longer considered violent, and will be eligible for early release under the previously enacted (and equally terrifying) Prop. 47. These crimes include drive by shootings, arson causing great bodily injury, assault with a deadly weapon upon a peace officer, domestic violence causing trauma, and human trafficking involving sex acts upon a minor (and this is a very abbreviated list). Apparently, 65% of the people in this state don't think a person who commits those crimes deserves to serve the entire prison sentence that they were given, because it's simply too expensive to incarcerate them. Any state that "solves" its prison overcrowding problem by simply releasing 30,000 violent criminals has lost it's freaking mind! And 65% of the people in this state voted in favor of this. In Arizona, when they ran out of room in the jails for prisoners, they put up a fence and tents in the middle of the desert, and gave the criminals pink underwear and jumpsuits to help with the heat. And when they were challenged in court, they argued that "if these living conditions are good enough for our troops deployed in the middle east, they're certainly good enough for prisoners who should have even less rights."

This one astounds me.  I'm not even sure what people are thinking about this one.  More violent criminals walking next to me at WalMart.  Great.  Time for that CCW...Oh, according to most sources I've read, the person that murdered Sgt. Owen was released early under prop 47?  That makes my blood boil.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:39:48 AM by RikRong »
R. Long

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 10:13:58 AM »
Great thread Celt!!!

I like all the comments on here, and the positive tone everyone has taken. 

I am personally ecstatic that the people have finally been heard.  There's reason now for hope.  And I pray that he comes through on at least half his promises. 
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 01:35:55 PM »
Great thread Celt!!!

I like all the comments on here, and the positive tone everyone has taken. 

I am personally ecstatic that the people have finally been heard.  There's reason now for hope.  And I pray that he comes through on at least half his promises. 

Agreed, well said, Celt.

Most know (if on the Book of Faces) I wasn't enamored by either major candidate. 

I certainly was NOT in the extremist camp that is currently rendering their clothes and throwing ash on their heads in OT style (seriously, calm down people)  ::)

But I am cautiously interested to see what lies ahead for our Country in the next 4 years. What, if anything, can be accomplished to turn our country around and get away from special interest groups.

Closer to home - some weird sh!t passed here in liberal California.  Not gonna lie, I'm happy pot was legalized - the accountant in me wants that sh!t taxed!  LOL  O0

Last, but not least, I don't judge anyone by their politics. I like having friends on both sides of the aisle.  It keeps me more open minded and informed.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:43:53 PM by PainRoller »

Celt

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 02:08:29 AM »
Well said.  Although I would put the timeline at more than 24 years (pre-Bill Clinton), but I am older than you.   ::)

Yes, our long walk through Mordor is finally at an end.  Fortunately it was before we had to open the fourth box of liberty, but I was almost at that point.

You are absolutely right about that timeline Sage! I was in the military when Ronald Reagan was President and things really turned around as in pay/equipment and training only to have it all decimated by slick willie. That same guy also sent me on an all expense paid tour of the Balkans to stretch my neck out for a European problem. I remember he said "One year" if they can't get their country straight in one year we are going to pack up and leave. We still have troops over there.... On another of my all expense paid tours to a place called Afghanistan, it was an even worse experience with both presidents and politics dictating policy to guys who just wanted to come home in one piece and could give a hang about politics at that point.

In the end I'm tired. I still have hope for the future but am tired. Maybe people might not like what I have written above in my initial post but I suspect most do or at least can understand my position and that's ok. This is what I feel and believe in. I'm not a big government guy and feel everyone should largely be left alone to themselves. It bothers me when the government starts telling me how I have to live my life and digging further into my pockets to hand it out for more failed policies. As Joe so eloquently put in his perspective above about this state, I too do not know what the people were thinking with their state voting but I know this. They are going to reap the benefits of what they voted in. To let violent felons out of jail or minimizing jail/prison sentences and further restrict the right to be able to protect yourself is inexcusable. Some of the other measures like legalizing dank; I really could care less what someone wants to do with their own body. I believe government should be not be able to tell you either way. It's not something I have any desire to fool with and never have done so. Many might find that hard to believe in this day and age. Where I have my issue is I don't want it wafting through my house because my neighbor is a pothead, that's when their "rights" start treading on mine in my own home.

The amount of DUI's are sure to go up but it's already epidemic here anyway. You see a few lives needlessly taken because some jack-wagon wants to get drunk or high and drive it helps to forge strong opinions on the matter. Anyway, I needed to get that stuff out on my original post and it sure wasn't about wagging my finger. I suspect it wasn't taken like that on the forum as we generally have a pretty good group here. I believe this is still America and if people don't sacrifice for her and stand when others do not, we will only have ourselves to blame when we hand our children an absolute mess.

God Bless America!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:33:52 AM by Celt »

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 05:21:07 PM »
On a cold but sunny day at the end of January 2017, an old man approaches the White House from Across Pennsylvania Avenie where he’d been sitting on a park bench.

He walked up to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, “I would like to go in and meet with President Hillary Clinton.”

The Marine replied, “Sir, Mrs. Clinton is not President and doesn’t reside here.”
The old man said, “Okay,” and quietly walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, “I would like to go in and meet with President Hillary Clinton.”

The Marine again told the man, “Sir, as I said yesterday, Mrs. Clinton is not President and doesn’t reside here.”

The man thanked him and again quietly walked away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same Marine, saying “I would like to go in and meet with President Hillary Clinton.”

The Marine, agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, “Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mrs. Clinton. I’ve told you already several times that Mrs. Clinton is not the President and doesn’t reside here. What don’t you understand about these facts?”

The old man answered, “Oh, I understand you fine, Corporal. I just love hearing your answer!”

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, “See you tomorrow, Sir.”

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 06:26:29 PM »
^^^^hahahaha!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

R. Long

Celt

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 07:36:42 PM »
Freaking awesome Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so gonna tell that one a few times at work!

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 09:03:16 AM »

I agree most with what you said Joe...'cept Nevada gets my tip of the tactical hat as the place most likely to bounce to.

I mean sheeeyit, the state flag says it all...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 09:04:17 AM »
...and keeping things light...I'll just leave this here...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 11:34:31 AM »
I agree most with what you said Joe...'cept Nevada gets my tip of the tactical hat as the place most likely to bounce to.

And it's about to get a whole lot worse, with nearly 10,000 more prisoners to be released: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/03/24/nearly-9500-inmates-to-be-released-from-california-state-prisons/

Nevada is very appealing, especially the northwestern part of the state (greater Reno area). One of my lifelong friends just moved up there for work and she is absolutely in love with it. Her parents are about to retire and will be moving to the same area. If I could only take my job with me and didn't have to worry about uprooting my family and my son. I'm still a long way from the age when I can just pack up and go. :(