Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Great. I just put my stupid neighbor in jail. (updated Jan 5)  (Read 19490 times)

trailslug

• 4wd Pts: 0
Re: Great. I just put my stupid neighbor in jail.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 11:19:05 AM »
I just got back in again.
Paul,
You did the right thing. Why would anybody do that to mans best friend. You know the old saying" an eye for an eye".
Some kids just do not play well with others and in this case with there pets.
Paul my hat is off to you.

4x4forfun

• 4wd Pts: 6
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 02:05:23 AM »
Paul,
 By all means you did the right thing. No one should treat a dog or any animal like that and I actively hunt and fish. If I were in your shoes I might be in jail too as I have a paintball gun on steroids with 100 round capacity and I would have been soo incensed I would have stuck my rounds in the freezer for an hour and then go hunting neighbor a##holes just to let him know what the dog is experiencing every time he pulled the trigger. Well at least 10 or 15 years back I might of, I have since mellowed with age like a fine bourbon.  Just watch your back with this jerk and use the advice about contacting the landlord and put him or her on notice. You might even consider a multi security camera system with a 1 month recorder. I got one a few years ago and mounted 6 cameras around the house (it can expand to 16 cameras total). Cost me about $600 back then but it was well worth it since it helped catch a car burglar who broke into a car across the street (a neighborhood loser) and a midnight gas siphoner (caught his license number). Mine does 1000 hours on a regular 8hour vhs tape or can be linked to a external computer harddrive unit. Made my homeowners insurance go down a little too, so it has actually paid for itself there. Cameras have night vision infrared so they work in the dark but I mounted them up with motion detecting security lights so nothing gets away unseen. Mine are cabled in but they do have some pretty good wireless systems as well. All you need for those is a place to plug in the transformer power pack. Those type are good if you are a renter.
But he said it was stock friendly!!

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 04:24:34 PM »
Thanks for the advice on the cameras. 

I already have three cameras and added a forth camera covering the back patio door and the side yard next to the shooter. I bought a hard drive based recorder and I'm awaiting the 500 GB drive to arrive next week. The most secure place to mount the recorder is out in the garage but I'm afraid that the heat out there is going to kill it. I don't look forward to running all the cables inside the house. Might be easier to blow a hole in the wall an bring a bit of AC out into the garage to cool the DVR. Snorkel time.

This last weekend we were gone for three days and two nights on the club's trip and nothing happened. Still my guard is up.
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Paul

• BOD
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
Re: Great. I just put my stupid neighbor in jail. (updated Jan 5)
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 06:15:07 PM »
So sometimes bad things happen to bad people.

Noon and I were sound asleep New Years morning when at 3:00 AM I see flashing lights outside house. Thinking it might be Santa making a second trip with my missing new front suspension ... I peer out the windows and see two fire trucks pulling up. Opening the window a crack I hear the neighbor's smoke detector going off. I open another blind and see that the house is pouring out smoke.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/Misc/FireTruck.jpg
Great. I just put my stupid neighbor in jail. (updated Jan 5)

The neighbor has managed to set their rental on fire. From the amount of smoke it would appear that someone fell asleep while smoking and set their bed on fire. California has special regulations on fire proofing in their furniture and this might have saved the clowns and their rental. There were seven adults displaced and two children.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/Misc/Smokedout.jpg

Someone needed to be treated and taken to a hospital with some burns and smoke inhalation. I had my police band scanner out and was listening in on the conversations. I pulled out my camera and snapped some hand-held photos. These things came out amazingly clear between the high ISO and vibration reduction lens.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/Misc/Firefighters.jpg

Since the fire we haven't seen anybody come or go from home. We're hoping that they've skipped town.  :-X
2006 Xterra Off Road

Paul

• BOD
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
The guy was charged with this crime:

597.  (a) Except as provided in subdivision (c) of this section or
Section 599c, every person who maliciously and intentionally maims,
mutilates, tortures, or wounds a living animal, or maliciously and
intentionally kills an animal, is guilty of an offense punishable by
imprisonment in the state prison, or by a fine of not more than
twenty thousand dollars ($20,000), or by both the fine and
imprisonment, or, alternatively, by imprisonment in a county jail for
not more than one year, or by a fine of not more than twenty
thousand dollars ($20,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment.
2006 Xterra Off Road

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 08:10:36 PM »
Justice has been served! Glad to hear of the progress Paul.
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

FrankB

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 09:15:37 PM »

I agree . . . and, isn't digital just great for low light, especially with vibration reduction. Nice shots, but why blur the name of the FD on the side of the engine?

Funny thing, we were just talking about you and this situation on Saturday, and wondering if anything new had happened.

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 12:30:21 PM »
You were right in contacting the police.  After THEY determine the facts, they decide wether or not the guy goes to jail.  Not you.  All you did was report a suspicious activity.  HE GOT HIMSELF IN THAT SITUATION BECAUSE OF WHAT HE CHOSE TO DO.  He chose that path which lead to those results.  Good for you and screw him...
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

Paul

• BOD
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 08:35:29 PM »

I agree . . . and, isn't digital just great for low light, especially with vibration reduction. Nice shots, but why blur the name of the FD on the side of the engine?

Funny thing, we were just talking about you and this situation on Saturday, and wondering if anything new had happened.

I've cross posted these pictures to other sites where I don't want the people to know where I live too exactly.  ;D
2006 Xterra Off Road

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 09:32:22 PM »

I've cross posted these pictures to other sites where I don't want the people to know where I live too exactly.  ;D

Everyone knows you live in Springfield.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

Paul

• BOD
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 07:35:21 PM »
Based on the amount of drywall, aluminum ducting, and 2x4's I've seen come out and now go in ... dude did a heck of a good job burning the place out. I'll double my original damage estimate to $50,000. It's been two weeks and we've only seen workers coming and going - no residents and there's one of those big real estate locks over the outside of their door knob.  :-\
2006 Xterra Off Road

Paul

• BOD
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 12:32:33 PM »
More details. I peeked over the fence again - it looks like it was a kitchen fire. The cabinets are all gone as is some of the tile on the floor. They've got some towels hung up in the windows. Classy. They came to the house for the first time today. What got my attention is that they parked one of their cars 3 feet from the curb halfway in front of my house. We're having a hen party today so I thought it might have been one of the girls half-way lost. Nope. That's just the way we park. Wonder how high/stupid you've got to be to miss the curb by three feet?

I went to the store and was tempted to pass the parked car on the right. When I got back they were gone else I'd post pics.
2006 Xterra Off Road

fleury123

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 04:42:35 PM »
almost afraid to ask what the heck a hen party is. It this like getting the cherry from the fat mans stomack on wog day?

Paul

• BOD
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »
almost afraid to ask what the heck a hen party is. It this like getting the cherry from the fat mans stomack on wog day?

Hens - female chickens. My wife brings over 5-8 women and they sit around and chat, eat and drink.
2006 Xterra Off Road

AV Xterra

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »
I'm very afraid to ask what getting the cherry form the fat man's stomach on wog day is.
I eat other peoples food.  It's a sickness.