Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Cutting off Front Sway Bar  (Read 6777 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: Cutting off Front Sway Bar
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 10:19:46 AM »
funny you post this as I've been getting a pretty noticeable rattle coming from my disconnected, but just sitting there front sway bar

from what I've read it seems like it's easy enough to just remove tho....?!?!

Christiaan, if it's rattling around maybe the bushings are worn out that are on the existing contact points/brackets. I can't exactly remember from the last trip in the Mojave when your shock folded if the front sway bar was connected or not but that's the first culprit I might look for. If it's disconnected and you are getting noise I wouldn't be too concerned about it unless it's able to work itself out and into something that might cause you some issues.
Isaiah 6:8

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 11:55:26 AM »
Christiaan, if it's rattling around maybe the bushings are worn out that are on the existing contact points/brackets. I can't exactly remember from the last trip in the Mojave when your shock folded if the front sway bar was connected or not but that's the first culprit I might look for. If it's disconnected and you are getting noise I wouldn't be too concerned about it unless it's able to work itself out and into something that might cause you some issues.
It was connected, I remember removing the end links to relieve side to side pressure on the suspension. 
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 01:54:33 PM »

It's definitely not connected right now; you can see it's just chilling in mid air like " I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be doing something...but, I'm not, so I'm gonna just chill right here"

Not overly worried about the rattle; it drove me nuts for a few months, but it's just a sound, goes away once I get her up to decent speed, and doesn't affect really anything else...cosmetic more than anything else