Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: My poor Xterra. Unlicensed driver using his cell phone.  (Read 14232 times)

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
Re: My poor Xterra. Unlicensed driver using his cell phone.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »
I called Chris Hefty to get a copy of my receipt and mentioned the accident.  He looked at the photos and was happy to see that the sliders probably saved lots of body damage from happening.  Chris was also helpful with information about the front bumper moving slightly and how to fix that if needed. 

Greg at PRG was also helpful today.  It's great to see that a year later the suppliers are still willing to help.
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

Oz

• 4wd Pts: 14
  • Cybernetic organism; living tissue over metal
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 05:54:24 PM »
Dibs on your sliders.  ;)

And the vultures circle :)

Hay Max if they total it they may give you the wreck so then you could just transfer your mods to the new vehicle

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 06:04:47 PM »
Absolutely.

Those sliders prevented a ton of damage.  Looks like the bulk of the damage was to the rear axle.   Is that correct?
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

MaxPower

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »
Absolutely.

Those sliders prevented a ton of damage.  Looks like the bulk of the damage was to the rear axle.   Is that correct?

Yes that's what it looks like...the rear axle got it bad.  I posted a video of it being winched onto the flatbed on my FB page. That tire was a dragging on the plastic and it didn't sound good at all.
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

MaxPower

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 07:26:55 PM »
And the vultures circle :)

Hay Max if they total it they may give you the wreck so then you could just transfer your mods to the new vehicle

I'm hoping they don't want to total it since I'm betting it would be a battle to get what I would want out of it.  Plus it took me a long time to find a reasonably priced off road edition in SoCal....I don't want to do that again.

MaxPower

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 08:09:58 PM »
First collision shop said they weren't equipped to fix my Xterra due to the aftermarket products installed on it.  Referred me to a shop that builds off road trucks.  Got a good feeling from the new shop when I met with them as they understand the off road world and that I want the truck fixed not totaled.

guywithpups

• 4wd Pts: 1
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 08:50:10 PM »
Nice...glad you got a shop that's familiar with our kind of rigs.

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 12:53:43 PM »
My AAA contact called and wants to know what shop I would like to have the X towed to.  I mentioned all the aftermarket improvements and she said if it was going to totaled they would take the improvements into consideration for sure.  I need to gather receipts and find a shop to take it too.  Sucks because if it's totaled there's still 4 almost new BFGs, front bumper & never used Warn wench, sliders that saved the body as his tire slid along them, skid plates, rear bumper......not sure if I'll be able to keep any of that or just let it all go.  Maybe it's all repairable....

I'm using this tragedy to sell my wife on the safety benefits of sliders. I think it's working. Hee Hee Hee!!!
I love it when a plan comes together

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »
I'm using this tragedy to sell my wife on the safety benefits of sliders. I think it's working. Hee Hee Hee!!!

Epic.

The Force is strong in this one...

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m77/Danielsan_/obinb.jpg
My poor Xterra. Unlicensed driver using his cell phone.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

MaxPower

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 05:50:05 AM »
Well it looks like the sliders and skids and front bumper saved the truck.  Thanks Hefty!  My insurance company, AAA, looked it over and said the front bumper and drivers side slider should be removed sand blasted and re-powder coated.  Three new tires, two wheels and the rear end fixed.  That's over 5K in work and the tab was left open in case there is hidden damage.  There is not body work as the bumper and sliders kept the car away from the body.  If there was body work who knows how high the bill would be and it might have been a total loss.

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 07:04:29 AM »
That's awesome!! Stoked for you Max. This happy conclusion has two parts. Not only does your rig get fixed, but my wife agreed that we should get sliders for our X   :D ;D :D

Bring on Big Bear
I love it when a plan comes together

MaxPower

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »
Sweet!

MaxPower

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 10:12:10 AM »
This sucks! Went by the body shop yesterday for a meeting and the project is on hold until they can find a part.  Been looking for two weeks now and can't find it anywhere.  It's the end of the drive shaft piece that is causing the problems.  It was damaged and they can't put it back in until replaced.  So they can't check for additional damage to the axle or suspension until that's done.  FML!   

MaxPower

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 10:19:16 AM »
Oh and now they can't even give me an estimated completion since they can't find to part.  How can Nissan not have one?  I'm trying to just let them do their job and not take over the search process like I would usually do but come on really??? 

Sorry for the rant.

Oz

• 4wd Pts: 14
  • Cybernetic organism; living tissue over metal
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 02:07:45 PM »
Oh and now they can't even give me an estimated completion since they can't find to part.  How can Nissan not have one?  I'm trying to just let them do their job and not take over the search process like I would usually do but come on really??? 

Sorry for the rant.

They don't sell any DS parts. You have to buy the whole DS. Are you sure it's not a pinion yoke? Steevo at Rugged Rocks can help with that