Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Help lifting my new X  (Read 8334 times)

2013nick

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2013 xterra S 4x4
Re: Help lifting my new X
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 01:03:50 PM »
More lift more options... with 4-5 inches I could clear just about everything i would want to try and I like the way it looks

Deadpilot

• 4wd Pts: 18
Re:
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »
Well if ya do a ts ya can get 3-4 (which is where my X sits) and throw a body lift with bigger tires and you'll get the lift height ya want. Your diffs are always going to be your lowest point that you will have to worry about. I may be wrong but bigger tires are the easiest way to that diff higher off the ground

And also last minute though ya can always go spring over axle

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Drew117

• 4wd Pts: 1
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 07:23:42 PM »
Oh another thing. I want the ride to still be really smooth even after I lift it

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 07:30:55 PM »
drew, for you i would put another vote for the ome stuff from nisstec, it will ride well and handle extra weight for camping and whatnot.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re:
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 07:46:13 PM »
The magic number on our rigs is 3". Below that you can get a shackle and spacer kit for under $400 and a coil over kit at over $2k.
   Above 3" your looking at Titan Swapping or a drop bracket lift kit at mucho $$$$. The drop bracket kits out there do not include accommodations for the rear like a new driveshaft.
   A properly built rig can be fairly good on the original geometry.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 07:42:29 AM »
I want to lift my 2013 Xterra about an 1.5 or 2". What's the best way todo that and how much? Any type of suggestions are welcomed. Thanks guys

Drew...back to your OP.  I ran a 2" PRG spacer/shackle lift for almost three years, and was very happy.  It gave the appropriate clearance for 285's (33" tires), and with some good spotting from friends, there wasn't too much my Xterra couldn't handle. 

The PRG lift was $278 delivered back in 2010, and was one of my first installs/mods.  Solo, and with the first time removal of some of the "Nissan torqued" nuts and bolts, it took me about six hours. 

PB Blaster is your friend, but it sounds like your X is fairly new.

Keep in mind that any suspension mods can jeopardize your warranty, in Nissan's eyes of course.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 04:49:42 PM »
I think the honest way of looking at this is that the more lift you want, the more its going to cost, the deeper your wallet has to be.  Other than a spacer and shackle, most kits will stiffen the ride a bit.  Softer may not be the best on the trails.  Why do you want 4-5" of lift anyways?  Most Xterra owners are happy with 3".
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD