Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Magazine enforcement injunction granted.  (Read 2361 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Magazine enforcement injunction granted.
« on: September 02, 2017, 06:42:35 PM »
 It seems Federal Judge Roger Benitez has stepped in since the Ca Supreme Court refused to hear the case against the standard capacity magazine ban (+10) that was supposed to take effect as of July 1st. An injunction to the law was granted as it was a blatant violation of the 2nd Amendment preventing persons from protecting their person, home and state. The judge was recorded as saying the law by it's very nature is confusing and would violate due process. From what I understood even the California State's Attorney could not argue the new law in front of the judge because she herself didn't understand all of it's intricacies (Someone is going to be looking for employment) What was not named in the injunction was new purchases. You had to of legally owned the magazines prior to July 1, 2017. It still upheld the manufacture, sales or import of them. I'm unsure of rebuild kits being sold here. His point of view was that the law was targeting upstanding people who are acting in good faith. Even though this is just an injunction and it can be argued further it shows that there are still those within the legal system that look at this prior to making a ruling at not only what's at stake, what the intentions of the law are but also upholds the Constitution....... Gee imagine that?

Reference material: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170630/judge-halts-enforcement-of-california-magazine-ban

In case you don't know about this local organization it might be well worth your time: http://sandiegocountygunowners.com/

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 07:23:49 PM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
Re: Magazine enforcement injunction granted.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 11:11:31 AM »
Aah, a ray of common sense in a state gone mad.  Thanks Celt.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO