Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: M.I.A  (Read 3077 times)

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
M.I.A
« on: December 09, 2018, 08:21:05 PM »
Hey fellas,
well I feel like I have to express myself abit to understand the situation of why I am apologizing.

I am sorry for failing on fulfilling my part of this community & as our AAT representative. This was one of the only forum groups I grew to adore due to our love for outdoors activities & our xterras. To the point where I took the representative position for our AAT contribution to give back and give this group the "spark" it needed.
Recently my family have been going thru some tough times due to my son being non-verbal & potentially being autistic. About 3 months ago we got word that my son is partially deaf & autistic.  This took a toll on me & my wife because we got desperate in getting the best help we can for our son. With the failure of state's healthcare & ridiculously far away appts, we were put is in position where we needed answers as soon as possible in order to get our son in the right path. This lead me to avoid contact from friends and family because i felt like a failure as a father & as a member to this community due to the responsibility I took upon myself. Now that the smoke has cleared up abit with my son, we feel abit better since we are getting help from a special-need school located in Utah. With that said, I am going to relocate my family to Utah in the near future for a better life for my family... I will attempt to still be involved in this community I adore so much.  Im deeply sorry for not being the member I sort to be.

I came across a monthly meet that someone has started and I do plan to attend. hopefully this gives me the bump in confidence to get some events started with our community before I depart to Utah permanently. I do want to thank many of you for allowing me & my family to be part of family orientated events and adventures. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Much love,
Edwin

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
Re: M.I.A
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 07:13:11 AM »
Edwin,
My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family. As someone who grew up with a severely autistic cousin who started out non-communicative, i understand the challenges you will face and the need to find the best environment for your son.  Just know the love your family shares will make the tough times more manageable and the milestone moments that come over the years will become more precious and memorable.  In the case of my cousin, thank god for sesame street.  John was addicted to watching that show every morning and afternoon, and to our families surprise he began repeating what he saw, it was incredible.  5 years of nothing then suddenly over a couple of months he could carry on a conversation.  Of course now 50 years later, we cant shut him up, the down side to autism.  He is a loving soul and sings with perfect pitch in his church choir.  I'm sure your son will find his muse and be telling you stories of his day in no time.

Hope to see you at the next OC Meet and Greet.  And remember, your friends on the SCCX are here for you and will offer a helping hand if you need it.

Woody
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 08:25:41 AM »
Exactly as Woody said, my thought and prayers are with you and your family. 

I know the apology is heart felt and we all appreciate it.  However, everyone on here will never fault anyone for putting family first, over anything having to do with this forum.  I don't have personal experience with what you're going through, but I can see it isn't easy.  You should always look after your family and put their priorities first.  Also, you shouldn't take your son's case or the circumstances causing your absence as a failure.  You're getting your son the help he needs, and that's a success.  Keep strong and keep your head up.  Things will look up for you and your family.

Rick   
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 11:17:51 AM »
I don't have anything to add, but will echo the sentiment. Like Rick, I don't have any personal experience with what you and your family are going through, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for your situation. I can also assure you that everyone in this group admires your courage and your spirit, and no one looks at you as anything close to a failure. In fact, I'd say the opposite, as you're clearly capable of putting your priorities in order (family first!), and it takes a true dedicated father and family leader to be able to do that.

Best of luck to you and the family, and if there's anything that myself or the group can do to help you out, please let us know!

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 06:16:36 PM »
 Edwin,

As others have mentioned there is absolutely zero reason to feel bad about anything. You are doing what an honorable man would do and that's take care of your family. The other stuff can come later you are doing what's important now. When you get settled in the bright side is there is lots of wheeling and camping in Utah to get out with your family and friends to do. Take good care of yourself and check in once in the while how you guys are doing!
Isaiah 6:8

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 07:42:46 AM »
I have a little personal experience with early child development issues...Alex, my son was diagnosed with early Asperger's at age 2.  We worked with speech pathologists and sign language experts that helped to develop the part of his brain that was not firing. 

Scary times for sure...lots of time spent working and worrying at Rady Children's Hospital. 

We were lucky, and YOU will be too. 

Kids are wonderful, resilient little creatures...put on this earth to humble and quantify your parental existence. 

Hang in there dude... :)

KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 06:32:47 PM »
Thank you all for the understanding. I feel much better knowing that Im not the only one. Thank you guys