Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: New from Anaheim Hills  (Read 9427 times)

dan826

• 4wd Pts: 4
Re: New from Anaheim Hills
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 01:32:10 PM »
Interesting....I've heard about this and met a guy from TNX who had his done and the breather was in a tail-light.

Is this really that needed?

There are two problems people have with the stock breather:

1. Water can easily get in there if the axle is submerged,  since there is no hose on it like the front diff.

2. The valve can get clogged up and pressure or vacuum can build up inside the axle causing the seals to leak.

If you don't do too many water crossings, and check your valve regularly to make sure it's not clogged or stuck, then you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Doing the mod is real easy though, you just screw in a different connector and run a rubber hose up somewhere higher (doesn't have to be behind the tail light).

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 01:37:10 PM »
Where is that 2nd picture from? Is that off of skyline drive in corona?

http://imageshack.us/a/img441/914/screenshot20130425at134.png
New from Anaheim Hills

The pins represent the general area where we were off roading.
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Adio.

• 4wd Pts: 10
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 01:50:22 PM »
There are two problems people have with the stock breather:

1. Water can easily get in there if the axle is submerged,  since there is no hose on it like the front diff.

2. The valve can get clogged up and pressure or vacuum can build up inside the axle causing the seals to leak.

If you don't do too many water crossings, and check your valve regularly to make sure it's not clogged or stuck, then you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Doing the mod is real easy though, you just screw in a different connector and run a rubber hose up somewhere higher (doesn't have to be behind the tail light).

Pretty much sums up why I'm doing it, not that ill be that deep in water anytime soon but I just don't want it to get clogged.

Also it's cheap and easy to do, although I just went to pep boys and they had no 3/8 air hose...

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22835

I'm pretty much going off of this for mine.

Edit: just got back from auto zone now and they tried to sell me fuel line instead of air hose at $5 a foot compared to $1 for the air line.... Onto ace!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:17:25 PM by Adio. »

dan826

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 03:00:16 PM »
I used Nissan part # 38323-C601A for the new breather rather than modifying the stock one. That makes it even easier.

Adio.

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 05:35:22 PM »
Looks like I'm heading over to stadium Nissan tomorrow then.

Adio.

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »
I used Nissan part # 38323-C601A for the new breather rather than modifying the stock one. That makes it even easier.

Where did you put the line? Into the tail light?

dan826

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 06:35:10 PM »
Where did you put the line? Into the tail light?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to remove the tail light and push it up in there, so might as well.

Adio.

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 01:07:16 PM »
Cool, Apparently stadium Nissan has nothing to do with the E-store, yet they still label parts for pickup from them on the website. I got there today to pick up my part, and they told me even though I have a confirmation number and everything they can't do anything because they don't use the e-store anymore and don't even have the part.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 04:39:16 PM »
Cool, Apparently stadium Nissan has nothing to do with the E-store, yet they still label parts for pickup from them on the website. I got there today to pick up my part, and they told me even though I have a confirmation number and everything they can't do anything because they don't use the e-store anymore and don't even have the part.

Contact Eric Stockton at Boulder Nissan...tell him John Tyler/goneMOAB referred you.

They will take care of you.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 05:12:04 PM »
Welcome from Orange County!!

Love the color man. One of my favorites.

Looking forward to meeting you.
I love it when a plan comes together

Adio.

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 07:15:21 PM »
Contact Eric Stockton at Boulder Nissan...tell him John Tyler/goneMOAB referred you.

They will take care of you.

Thanks for the help man, they called and said they'll have my part in tomorrow morning so it's all good now. I'll definitely keep that info for next time I need a part though.