Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: What have you done for your Rig lately.  (Read 488756 times)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: What have you done for your Rig lately.
« Reply #1230 on: June 29, 2016, 10:58:40 AM »
Painkiller...giggle.  :D :D :D
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #1231 on: June 29, 2016, 11:02:24 AM »
xxSVxx...SO tempted.  ;)

Just wanted to say that all of the new activity and installs here is very cool.  Nice to see the new bloods getting it done and wrenching on their rigs!!  :)

Bret, Greg, and everyone else keep it going!

I'm hoping that a coordinated Meet N Greet in the near future will get all of the SCCX/SCXF guys/gals on the same patch of dirt.  :)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

ghenderson21

• 4wd Pts: 6
    • 2012 Super Black S
« Reply #1232 on: July 02, 2016, 06:29:48 PM »
Sliders installed. CB installed in the center console, with a magnetic antenna, since I plan to eventually go HAM.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Geoff

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #1233 on: July 02, 2016, 07:31:14 PM »
Looks great! However.......................................you definitely need some desert modifications to that vehicle. Those sliders well they are just wayyyyy too p r e t t y. We need to get those mods in order here on the quick before you have to wear the "Fez" in front of the general membership on the next sanctioned run.
Isaiah 6:8

ghenderson21

• 4wd Pts: 6
    • 2012 Super Black S
« Reply #1234 on: July 02, 2016, 10:49:19 PM »
Looks great! However.......................................you definitely need some desert modifications to that vehicle. Those sliders well they are just wayyyyy too p r e t t y[. We need to get those mods in order here on the quick before you have to wear the "Fez" in front of the general membership on the next sanctioned run.

That's because they were just painted and freshly bolted on. They are getting dirty on the run tomorrow! And will be playing around in Montana in two weeks

Riz98

• 4wd Pts: 8
  • PBR ASAP
    • 2002 Nissan Xterra
« Reply #1235 on: July 03, 2016, 12:45:36 AM »
Last trip up to Big Bear the X ran hot the whole time and it was hard to keep it cool.  Upgrades were a must!!!  Today I installed a the supercharger radiator (2 row), 170 thermostat, and wired the second E-Fan to also run off of a switch instead of the thermostat controlled.  Also a plus for water crossings to not have the fan spraying water everywhere.  The second fan would come on rarely and wouldn't stay on when running hot.  I also bypassed the transmission line from the radiator to the external cooler only to hopefully keep the coolant temps down.  Only issue I had was when I sealed the thermostat housing with RTV it leaked.  I used a gasket the second time around and no leaks.  Hood vents looked too pricey right now so for the time being I raised up the rear of the hood 1 inch.  With the fans running ALOT of hot air escapes from the opening vs getting stuck under the hood. 

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #1236 on: July 03, 2016, 05:44:59 PM »
Last trip up to Big Bear the X ran hot the whole time and it was hard to keep it cool.  Upgrades were a must!!!  Today I installed a the supercharger radiator (2 row), 170 thermostat, and wired the second E-Fan to also run off of a switch instead of the thermostat controlled.  Also a plus for water crossings to not have the fan spraying water everywhere.  The second fan would come on rarely and wouldn't stay on when running hot.  I also bypassed the transmission line from the radiator to the external cooler only to hopefully keep the coolant temps down.  Only issue I had was when I sealed the thermostat housing with RTV it leaked.  I used a gasket the second time around and no leaks.  Hood vents looked too pricey right now so for the time being I raised up the rear of the hood 1 inch.  With the fans running ALOT of hot air escapes from the opening vs getting stuck under the hood. 

Funny you mention louvering....... I am currently having louvers fabbed up for the CJ-5. The man does custom work and is priced very reasonable in my opinion. If you want I can have my people talk to your people about it.
Isaiah 6:8

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #1237 on: July 03, 2016, 08:13:40 PM »
Alot of nice/smart stuff goin' on there Riz.  Well done, and thanks for sharing the tips.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #1238 on: July 03, 2016, 08:35:31 PM »
Changed my cabin air filters.  And yes, the little plastic tab snapped off as soon as I touched it.   Nice design  ::)
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #1239 on: July 17, 2016, 05:46:40 PM »
I changed out to a 350Z t-stat today. My old operating temps were between 195 and 200. Now, they're between 183 to 190. Picture is fully warmed up.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #1240 on: July 23, 2016, 12:48:26 PM »

Installed Nissan window visors last night. Installed extended front brake lines, rear bump stop extensions, and changed the oil today.

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #1241 on: July 24, 2016, 02:28:53 PM »
Added the AirLift Wireless control air compressor system to my Firestone rear air bag setup:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll21/tango-52/Xterra%20Equipment/91uy024i75L._SL1500_.jpg
What have you done for your Rig lately.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #1242 on: July 24, 2016, 02:43:29 PM »
Installed Nissan window visors last night. Installed extended front brake lines, rear bump stop extensions, and changed the oil today.

That looks REALLY nice!

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #1243 on: July 24, 2016, 07:09:32 PM »
"Added the AirLift Wireless control air compressor system to my Firestone rear air bag setup"

Way cool Tony, didn't even know that they had one :-\
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Sage Bromax

• 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #1244 on: July 24, 2016, 07:46:17 PM »
I was able to fit it all inside the bulkhead above my right rear wheel.  It is a little loud when it goes off, but it isn't like I'm trying to fill tires with it.