Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: A great weekend in Big Bear!  (Read 5491 times)

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
A great weekend in Big Bear!
« on: August 07, 2011, 07:36:22 PM »
We went up to Big Bear for the weekend.  Had a great time on 2N10 & 2N08 Saturday then 3N14, 3N08, 3N16 and 3N12 on Sunday.  Eventhough I never had to put it in 4wd we still had a great time. (4wd will be for another trip)   
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
Re: A great weekend in Big Bear!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 12:09:03 PM »
Nice picture!  Any more?  Your weekend sounds like it was a lot more fun than mine since I worked all weekend.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:28:17 PM by RockinX »

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 02:41:52 PM »
Well I've trid twice now to post 8 more photos but I keep getting timed out. 
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

GUANO

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
I'm moving up to Twin Peaks on the 27th...   

I was able to convince my bosses to let me work from home.

I'm living in Culver City right now and paying 1400/mo for a shitty 2 bedroom apt.  I Recently had a little girl and got married and the apartment just sucks....   So I rented a HUGE log house up in Twin Peaks for 1100/mo (housing economy went to shit up there).  5 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, 3 bathrooms, large gated yard, etc...  can't wait to move!!!

Hopefully I can finally join you guys on a run haha, i've been lurking here for a couple years now!

leons240s

• 4wd Pts: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 02:41:11 PM »
I'm moving up to Twin Peaks on the 27th...  

I was able to convince my bosses to let me work from home.

I'm living in Culver City right now and paying 1400/mo for a shitty 2 bedroom apt.  I Recently had a little girl and got married and the apartment just sucks....   So I rented a HUGE log house up in Twin Peaks for 1100/mo (housing economy went to shit up there).  5 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, 3 bathrooms, large gated yard, etc...  can't wait to move!!!
Hopefully I can finally join you guys on a run haha, i've been lurking here for a couple years now!                                              

dude! that sounds like a killer deal. maybe i should start lookin up that direction lol man Im soo jealous you guys got to go to big bear. this working weekends stuff is killin me. lemme know if you guys ever play hooky and head up the middle of the week!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:43:35 PM by leons240s »

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 08:04:29 PM »
I Recently had a little girl and got married

Congratulations on the little girl!  And then following it up with the marriage.  ;)

So I rented a HUGE log house up in Twin Peaks for 1100/mo (housing economy went to shit up there).  5 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, 3 bathrooms, large gated yard, etc...  can't wait to move!!!

I was just up at Twin Peaks and they have some pretty steep, winding, narrow roads in some of the residential areas.  Beautiful area though.  Party at Guano's house!   ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 12:52:03 AM by RockinX »

GUANO

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 08:40:44 PM »
its definitely a cool place to hang after a day on the trail.

The place is quite tucked away...  A very steep driveway as well...  I can think of 100 places I'd rather live but I figured I'd better stay close to LA for the time being.  There are a LOT of places up there for rent right now and they are very cheap.   For being such a steep area the back yard is about as level as they come (slightly sloped).

We can't wait!  Finally out of apartment living and back into the mtns where I belong!