Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Forum > SCCX Xcursions

Snow Wheeling Burns Canyon - Sunday, 1/31/21

(1/3) > >>

JFanaselle:
The wife and son and I are looking to go wheel around a little in the snow tomorrow. I'm planning to head up Burns Canyon (2N02) from the bottom (starting in Pioneertown). We'll head a ways up the mountain, but won't go all the way into Big Bear, because it's going to be very crowded and full of stupid people. We'll probably spend a few hours romping around the higher elevations of the trail, and might even spend a little time exploring around the Viscera Springs area (the road that goes down toward Rattlesnake Canyon from Burns Canyon). Again, looking to avoid the Big Bear area, so we'll turn around and come back down Burns Canyon through Pioneertown to head home.

If anyone is interested in tagging along, let me know and we'll designate a meet spot somewhere in Yucca Valley. The meet time will be 9:00 am, so that we can be off the trail in the early afternoon and get home in time for dinner. Bring a lunch, as we'll probably stop somewhere along the trail to eat. If it's a total bust and we're off the mountain sooner, we might be able to grab lunch at Pappy and Harriet's in Pioneertown, or at any of the numerous eateries in Yucca Valley. But it's still best to pack a lunch, just in case.

Requirements: good attitude/patience, punctuality (be on time, please), a good-working rig with 4 wheel drive and decent tires, and at least one recovery point on the front and one on the rear (in case anyone gets stuck in the snow). Not sure what condition the road will be in, but I'm sure there are tons of people up there driving around on it today. Hope you can make it out!

knightrider:
I may tag along. 

JFanaselle:
Dooooo it. It will be a super low key fun day. I'll send you a message. We can just meet up around here and caravan out that way together.

Celt:
Did you guys end up going out there?

CAWoody:
Damn! Wouldn't you know, the one day I don't look at the site I missed out on another fun trip.  And here I am almost healed from the last excursion. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page