Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Forum > SCCX General Discussion

Such as my life

(1/3) > >>

Celt:
 Well I saw my icon shocks started leaking. Brought them in for a rebuild and they are dee-stroyed. I now have the options of: A: Buy all the parts and have them completely rebuilt because the only thins salvageable is the body and coil springs. Option B: Buy new shocks and have them set up with proper dampening and type of spring. Admittedly option #B will give me a better ide as the way the icons are set up makes the front end pretty stiff for daily driving. Either way it ain't gonna be cheap.....

RikRong:
I know it won't be cheap, but I'd go with complete replacement. If you go Radflo, call them directly and work out the specs, they have everything on hand and you're cutting out the middle man. I feel like the middle man is the number one reason everyone has complaints about Radflo ship times.

EJsarus:
Radflo is here in Fountain Valley. Local to me

Celt:
I had an option for King, they were $1500.00 and 5 to 6 weeks build time. That's too much time to wait. What I'm thinking to do is rebuild my icon's at this point. They can send me the rebuild parts for everything. Still waiting on the cost of everything but they have the parts in stock. I considered going with Radflo but I'm not sure what the turn around time will be with them. For other reasons I need to get the X back up on the road as quickly as possible.

**Edit**

I just looked up the Radflo site and that may be something I will do. It says their turnaround time is 10 days. Maybe they can move quicker? I know a lot you guys have the Radflo's on the front and like them. My front end is pretty heavy so I need to see if they can set them up stiff enough to mitigate the front end body roll while not driving like a brick on the street. I have Radflo's on the rear that I've been thus far impressed with. As always opinions are welcomed.

CAWoody:
I loved my Radflos on my X and I am looking at putting them in the Tacoma.  If I remember correctly, PRG used 650 springs with a steel bumper and winch and fro what I heard they rode stiff.  I've  talked to the techs at Radflo and they will, set any spring rate you want and will swap the springs if you are not happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page