Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Miramar airshow  (Read 3378 times)

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Miramar airshow
« on: September 19, 2019, 06:12:31 PM »
Anyone going?

I haven't been in a few years but was thinking about going.  Kinda bummed they don't do the night show.

Airshow is 27-29

https://www.miramarairshow.com/
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: Miramar airshow
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »
I've been once. I think it was 2012. Too hot and crowded for me these days, but it's a hell of a show for sure!

FrankB

Re: Miramar airshow
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 10:57:10 AM »
A group of us used to go fairly regularly. We would get seats at one of the chalets, which was really nice because that included a big tent, all the cold water and soft drinks you wanted, a good box lunch, and private toilets. Also separate preferred parking.  We used the one that was about dead center on the flight line, which was perfect since we were all photographers.  I don't think that chalet is there any more unfortunately.

In the last few years they have put in restrictions on what you can take in, specifically no bags other than a clear plastic baggy, so that has made it very difficult for people who want to carry a camera or two and some lenses.

It's too bad about the restrictions and the change in the chalets, because it did make for some great photo ops.

All that said, it's still a lot of fun to see.

These are from 2011, 2012 and 2014.  If there are clouds, especially big fluffy ones with patches of blue sky, it can be really amazing.  A hot, dry day with no moisture in the air, on the other hand, will make for boring pics and probably some sunburn, if that matters.  It does get hot out on that flight line.