Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Installation Help! San Diego Date TBD  (Read 17788 times)

magicbob007

• 4wd Pts: 0
Re: Installation Help! San Diego Date TBD
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »
stock friendly? and where?

edit: i see it now on the xcursions section.  not sure how stock friendly this one is.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:37:43 AM by magicbob007 »

BikersCage

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 11:39:36 AM »
So good news the order should be shipped, possibly 3 days so Friday.

Bad news:  need to find a babysitter wife told me she has work sat.  Also need new UCA bolts as most people cut theirs to make the work drastically easier.

I should have complete answers by Thursday.

Lava

• 4wd Pts: 21
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 11:45:44 AM »
SATURDAY JANUARY 12TH AT 10:00AM (RAY  ::) SHOOT FOR 930 SO YOU MAKE IT :P)

MY PLACE IN ESCONDIDO, CA (PM ME FOR THE ADDRESS)

BRING WHAT TOOLS YOU THINK YOU'LL NEED OR HAVE. I ALSO HAVE PLENTY ON SITE SO WE SHOULD BE FINE. (I.C.E: HARBOR FREIGHT IS DOWN THE ROAD)

BRING YOUR OWN MEAT TO BBQ IF YOU WANT TO (WAS SOMEBODY BRINGING A GRILL?) OR WE CAN LUNCH BREAK IT AND HAVE PIZZA DELIVERED.

BYOB OR DRINKS, I VOTE AFTERWARDS WE ALL ROLL OVER TO STONE BREWERY FOR  A FEW COLD BEERS TO CELEBRATE THE FIRST MOD DAY OF 2013  8)

SEE YOU ALL SATURDAY  ;D
My other vehicle is an X-WING

Justin - KK6JEC

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 12:05:26 PM »
stock friendly? and where?

edit: i see it now on the xcursions section.  not sure how stock friendly this one is.

You would be surprised what a stock X can do.  :-)
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 12:10:38 PM »
So good news the order should be shipped, possibly 3 days so Friday.

Bad news:  need to find a babysitter wife told me she has work sat.  Also need new UCA bolts as most people cut theirs to make the work drastically easier.

I should have complete answers by Thursday.

I would confirm with nisstec and see if they ship a replacement bolt for the drivers side.  Most people only cut the rear drivers side bolt because the steering shaft makes it a pita to remove.  I do have one UCA bolt floating around since I bought one just in case when I did mine so I have an extra I can bring.
Jordan - K6XTE

BikersCage

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 12:31:19 PM »
I called them, they do not send a new one as its personal preference.  What other random small items do I need grease? Anti seize for camber kit? Lock tite? Should I even use that on the parts ever?  Some newb questions but I want to be ready and do it right.

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
Anti seize for all new bolts and bushings. A can of pb blaster applied generously to all bolts and nuts that will be removed at least once a day for the rest of the week. Locktite blue or medium can be used, NO RED loctite, red is ment to be permanent.  If your UCA have urethane bushings you will need grease and a grease gun if they have zero fittings.  Regular greasing is the only thing that will keep urethane bushings quiet, zerk fittings allow you to add grease without disassembling.  Zerk fittings can be added by drilling and tapping a hole for them, they are cheap but save you a lot of headaches later
Jordan - K6XTE

occupantX

• 4wd Pts: 65535
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »
You would be surprised what a stock X can do.  :-)

;D I know, I was pretty surprised!
Sorry, don't know how to embed a video, but see this( https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/WpRQn0hzfV0hW9NonXZGTyNOVX4FgS5S0vyNlrchU3g?feat=directlink ) and this ( https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/0ShIGyexW98aLOlfesG4IiNOVX4FgS5S0vyNlrchU3g?feat=directlink )

Come to think of it...maybe I should remove the rear sway bar, get some more rubber on the trail....
The non-club non-member formerly known as sdcaKLR, 'cause you know..bananas

BikersCage

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »
They have some sort of bushings already installed it doesnt say the type, but they include the grease , I will go and get some of that other stuff mentioned.  I think i already have blue lock tight for my remote control car stuff. Thanks for the inputs though.  Still hoping it comes friday!

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2013, 06:11:13 AM »

Come to think of it...maybe I should remove the rear sway bar, get some more rubber on the trail....

We'll take care of that pesky sway bar on Saturday  ;)
I love it when a plan comes together

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2013, 02:00:30 PM »
Hey just looking at the potential activity  (Three bays?).   You guys have plenty of jacks, jack stands and tools?
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2013, 02:05:12 PM »
I've got a jack and 4 stands I was going to bring.  Along with every tool I used for my install
Jordan - K6XTE

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2013, 07:00:39 AM »
Big THANK YOU goes out to Lava for opening up his home to, what has turned into, the first MOD Day of the year. For all of you guys that are planning to join us, to help, or just to provide color commentary, BIG koodoes to you too.

This is a great group, and I'm very proud to be a part of it.
I love it when a plan comes together

Lava

• 4wd Pts: 21
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2013, 01:06:01 PM »
Hey just looking at the potential activity  (Three bays?).   You guys have plenty of jacks, jack stands and tools?

Yes, I have to move my classic truck out of the third bay and park it on the street (Thinks to himself.....Insurance write off if stolen....Evil Grin, MOD $$)

I also have a driveway just as wide to accommodate 3 additional vehicles. I live at the end of a cul-de-sac so street parking is at a premium, but parking around the corner is wide open and 1/2 block walk away.

If you have spare jacks, spare tools, spare stands, spare compressors, WEBER / Hibachi Grills, Spare Beer, Spare anything PLEASE Bring it along. If we do have a solid attendance, I want to be able to accommodate everyone, and finish the work as quickly, safely and the best we can, that way we can all convoy over to STONE Brewing Company...Exactly 3.3 Miles from Driveway to Parking lot. ::)

THE LIST:

Lava- Doing a Titan Swap on Frontier and possibly adding rear Shims to his Xterra
HEVAK- Doing Rear AAL Install
Bikerscage- Full Lift pending parts shipment 1-11-13?
xxSVxx- Rear Bils - OUT
RBDuffer & GhostX- Beers and Naps
Knightrider- Helping out
SDKLR- OUT
Toro- Helping out
FrankB - Possibly Stopping By

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:03:28 PM by Lava »
My other vehicle is an X-WING

Justin - KK6JEC

BikersCage

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2013, 01:35:14 PM »
Hey i dont think i will be doing an instal this weekend.  My wife is working and i cannot find someone to baby sit for a long period of time.  I may just try to swing by and at least meet a few people though.  I will PM for information.

Also to note, the FEDEX guy said everything should be on schedule for a friday evening delivery.  At least i got them, thats 1/4 of the battle...