Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Sandstone Canyon (Anza Borrego) - Sat, Nov 21 - Any interest?  (Read 8795 times)

FrankB

Sandstone Canyon (Anza Borrego) - Sat, Nov 21 - Any interest?
« on: October 17, 2009, 08:39:18 PM »
EDIT: Posted the run info in a new thread 10/22/09. This thread is locked.

Thought I would see if there was any interest in a Fish Creek / Sandstone Canyon run on Saturday, Nov 21. We did this last year just before Thanksgiving, and, other than Paul almost getting arrested, it seemed like everyone enjoyed it. I know that the weekend just before Thanksgiving is tough for some, and it's also the weekend after the Barstow desert cleanup, so I thought I would see what sort of interest there was before actually setting this up.

For those who have not been there, this is a very easy, stock friendly trail up a sandy wash for about 12.5 miles, then another 2 miles or so up a very narrow, very deep canyon, then back out the way we came. We'll do some hiking at the turn-around spot. When I say narrow I mean there are some spots that are probably less than 10 feet wide, and maybe 100 feet deep. If you like water-carved rock formations, this is probably the one of the most scenic places in Anza Borrego. Last year a few of us camped at the back of Sandstone Canyon.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 01:34:47 PM by FrankB »

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
Re: Sandstone Canyon (Anza Borrego) - Sat, Nov 21 - Any interest?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 08:14:03 AM »
Sure ... why not?  ;D
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Bobby B.

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 11:41:58 AM »
It has not been a year since we went down there, has it?  Geez.
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.

FrankB

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 12:52:13 PM »
It has not been a year since we went down there, has it?  Geez.

It sure has been a year. I just looked back at the run thread, it was Sat the 22nd. We had a much larger turnout than I expected for that run too, considering that a lot of people thought it was too easy of a trail. That was a great campsite we had at the back of Sandstone Canyon.