Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: FrankB  (Read 4673 times)

FrankB

FrankB
« on: November 18, 2011, 09:24:44 PM »
Joined SCCX:  February 2006 (the Rattlesnake Canyon Run)
Username:  FrankB
Year:  2005
Make:  Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim:  4WD S
Color:  Black
Mods:  PRG lift (Total Chaos UCAs, RadFlo, Deaver AAL), Shrockworks sliders and skids, BFG A/T, Yakima roof rack, Raingler interior nets, a bunch of gear.

Comments: 

My original intention was to get something simple to get me to places to photograph, and for long road trips. Then I found SCCX and learned about something called "mods". So much for simple.

The Xterra is great for long road trips. We take the smallest roads we can find and just wander. It's nice to be able to say "let's go find out" when asked "I wonder where this little unpaved road goes?".

Photos:

At the end of my first day with SCCX, in Big Bear at the end of the Rattlesnake Canyon run - February 2006. It was a lot colder and about to get a lot darker than it looks in this picture. 1,500 miles on the odometer at this point.

In Sandstone Canyon, Anza Borrego - November 2010

Leading the way up Fish Creek, Anza Borrego - November 2008

On Kelso-Cima Road in the Mojave Preserve - October 2011

Just outside of Osceola, NV, looking out towards US 50, partway through a 3,500-mile road trip - June 2007

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: FrankB
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 06:22:35 AM »
Great pics and profile Frank!  (I knew you would have some great shots!)

No pie shots?  ;)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

11Pro4X

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 03:10:52 PM »
Frank was spotted at the Cabellas in PHX.  Gotta love that store!!!

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 03:55:04 PM »

Coolness!
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

FrankB

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:52:43 PM »

Heather and I stopped there for a bit on our way from Scottsdale to San Diego this morning. When we pulled into the lot I spotted a heavily modified Xterra so I decided to park next to it. Recognized the license plate from your screen name.

We're just back from a 10-day  1,573-mile vacation road trip in the Xterra. Las Vegas - St. George - Zion NP - Grand Canyon NP - Scottsdale, with additional stops for exploration in/at Mojave Preserve, Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire State Park, Smithsonian Butte National Scenic Byway, Paria Townsite in Grand Staircase/Escalante NM, Glen Canyon Dam, Bedrock City, Walnut Canyon NM, Montezuma's Castle NM.  It was a great trip, even if we did hit Grand Canyon just in time for record low temps.  I'll post some pictures and descriptions soon.

chrishaynesusa

• thenewx
  • 4wd Pts: -35
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »
Always like to view your photos.
Cheers :)