Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Joe's Xterra  (Read 114298 times)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: JFanaselle's Xterra
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2014, 02:09:15 PM »
After all that, looks like BFG might have stopped making a D All Terrain and Mud Terrain.....so E it is!

What knightrider said...and s**k it Duffman!!

Sent from Planet Claire using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 04:31:23 PM »
Does anyone ever have much luck selling their stock tires if they're not selling the wheels too? I've poked around on Craigslist but it's flooded with ads from junk tire shops so it's tough to gauge if I could get anyting for them or not. I have 265 70 series General Grabber AW tires the dealership threw on brand new just before I purchased the X (it was a "certified" used, so new tires are pretty much standard). I've put about 4k on them and they still look really good. I'm having a very hard time justifying an expensive new tire purchase to the misses when all she thinks about is "the dealer already put new tires on it before they sold it to you." I wonder if any tire shops would give me a decent credit toward a new set if I leave these ones behind for them to sell to someone else?

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re:
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 08:09:23 PM »
Every neighborhood has some dumb punk kids running around, blame them for "slashing" your tires ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Deadpilot

• 4wd Pts: 18
Re:
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 09:05:15 PM »
Most big name tire places won't give a credit for used tires cause they just trash the old ones.
Just bring her out to a run and you'll see

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re:
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 09:53:35 PM »
I'll give you $100 for them.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 01:42:41 AM »
$100 is certainly better than $0, but it's still not enough to convince the wife to let me drop an additional $800 or so. But thanks for the offer! I'm thinking tires will have to wait until mine are much more worn down. :(

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 06:23:09 AM »
Does anyone ever have much luck selling their stock tires if they're not selling the wheels too? I've poked around on Craigslist but it's flooded with ads from junk tire shops so it's tough to gauge if I could get anyting for them or not. I have 265 70 series General Grabber AW tires the dealership threw on brand new just before I purchased the X (it was a "certified" used, so new tires are pretty much standard). I've put about 4k on them and they still look really good. I'm having a very hard time justifying an expensive new tire purchase to the misses when all she thinks about is "the dealer already put new tires on it before they sold it to you." I wonder if any tire shops would give me a decent credit toward a new set if I leave these ones behind for them to sell to someone else?

Honestly, those can be a tough sell.

We see a lot of the BFG Rugged Trails on steelies or stock S wheels for sale on the forums after folks upgrade to Load Range E tires.

The best scenario is to try and find an Xterra owner who wants to keep their X completely stock (shudder...;) ) and sell them there, or in late April following our Mojave Road trip. ;)

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/DzrtX/SCCX%20Mojave%20Road%202014/DSC_0085.jpg
Joe's Xterra

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/DzrtX/SCCX%20Mojave%20Road%202014/DSC_0150.jpg
Joe's Xterra

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/DzrtX/SCCX%20Mojave%20Road%202014/DSC_0183.jpg
Joe's Xterra

All joking aside, Toro's offer is in the ballpark for just tires, which you could use towards the purchase of a good set of A/T's. (All Terrains). 

Also, you might Check Craigslist and thenewx.org for market pricing on stock tires. :)

Sent from Planet Claire using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 02:23:14 PM »
Get a lifts then when she sees how silly the small tires look, she will be ok with getting bigger tires hahaha. That actually worked for a guy on the frontier site.

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
Re:
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2014, 03:38:11 PM »
I'll give you $100 for them.

I'm trying to give you tires and you're offering this guy $100?

LOL

Come get these tires!
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re:
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 08:22:21 PM »
Hey I need some tires.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Jordan - K6XTE

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 09:54:26 PM »
U guys running 16 or 17 inch rims?

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 09:31:07 AM »
is this the tire line?   I need to find the tire line....

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 11:10:46 AM »
i think we are going to need a cleanup on isle 3, maybe split this thread (not delete the whole thing...John) to a separate tire talk thread. :)
Jordan - K6XTE

FrankB

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 05:27:26 PM »
. . .  I've put about 4k on them and they still look really good. I'm having a very hard time justifying an expensive new tire purchase to the misses when all she thinks about is "the dealer already put new tires on it before they sold it to you."  . . .

Or, you could just run Rattlesnake Canyon . . . once . . . and let the trail take care of your tires.  Just take the stock step rails off first, so you can sell them.

By the way, I think BFG still has the AT/KO load range D in certain sizes.  I found this out when I found out that they don't have D (only C or E) in the 265/75/16 size that I want.  That's what I've had for the past 8 years or so, and they've worked great. All I wanted to do was replace with exactly what I have now, and it looks like the choices are C or E.  That sucks, since C is too light, and I think E too stiff for the amount of weight I carry.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 11:19:35 PM »
i think we are going to need a cleanup on isle 3, maybe split this thread (not delete the whole thing...John) to a separate tire talk thread. :)

Yeah, OP's answer is getting a bit "jacked"  :D

...most of us run 16's JFanaselle, which except for a few of the Xterra's out there is normal.  

IIRC...a couple of models of Xterra and Frontiers came with 17"ers just for kicks.

Frank...nice to see you posting up and coming out of the shadows.
KD6DCI