Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Winter Mojave Road 2020  (Read 44424 times)

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
Re: Winter Mojave Road 2020
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2019, 09:08:14 AM »
I would like to go if there is room. My son should be old enough to do a multi day by then

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2019, 05:18:22 PM »
I would like to go if there is room. My son should be old enough to do a multi day by then

Got you on it!
Isaiah 6:8

Celt

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2019, 10:46:20 PM »
Any interest in a return trip back across the desert?

Celt

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2019, 11:54:05 PM »
When you guys get the chance please post up who is interested in getting a room in Laughlin so I can start working on the group rates.

G.B.H.

• 4wd Pts: -21
    • 08 xterra se
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2019, 11:12:13 AM »
Don't think I need a room but if I get the time off I could probably go back through the desert.
G.B.H.

Celt

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2019, 12:33:32 PM »
Don't think I need a room but if I get the time off I could probably go back through the desert.

I'm not sure that I will be able to do the return trip even if we get enough interest as it might be difficult with work schedules. If you don't want to reserve a hotel room that is up to you. Most guys get one as once we get off the road you are pretty grimy and a hot shower with a good nights sleep is pretty nice before the drive back home the next day.

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2019, 07:18:50 AM »
Put me down for a room in Laughlin.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2019, 10:47:01 AM »
Put me down for a room in Laughlin.

Me too. 
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Celt

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2019, 06:56:24 PM »
I started a list for hotel reservations on page one for everyone. In the next month or so I'll work on all of the reservations for a good group rate.

jpardue

• 4wd Pts: 1
    • 2005 Dodge 2500
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2019, 07:52:15 PM »
Posting for the Winter Mojave Rd, January 17th thru the 20th 2020 over MLK weekend. I'm planning on the West to East route and staying at the Golden Nugget in Laughlin NV. It has nice accommodations and they give us a pretty good discount. If there is interest in doing a return trip either along the trail or a modified run I will entertain that too. I was originally thinking about a smaller group but in discussion with Jayrat he brought to my attention there has been a decent amount of new members so I'm opening it up for everyone. If we have to we can run two groups on the trail to accommodate vehicle limitations. The ones who have been on this trip before know how things go and how much fun it is. Those that are interested can preview the previous year's links. If you are interested post up. I know life gets in the way sometimes but if you decide you want to go towards the end please stay firm in that decision. It costs money for the trail leader(s) for permits, incidentals and time allotted in planning etc.

As in before the big rules are:

1: Have a great attitude, don't take yourself too seriously.
2: Show up with a reasonably maintained vehicle with front and rear recovery points.
3: Bring plenty (Lots) of firewood.

I could care less if you have a HAM radio, FRS, Walkie Talkie or just start waiving your hands like a maniac for attention. This trip is about getting together with friends who enjoy the high desert in winter conditions. Most everyone has the right gear but if you don't post that up. Someone will have an extra something to loan you. I would prefer you have a 4WD but would entertain a 2WD as long as you have the recovery points I mentioned and good AT style tires. Everyone is on the hook for their own meals. If you want to have smaller group meals that's between you and your buddy as nothing will be formally organized. It's just plain too difficult to have group feeds with breakdown possibilities and the unknown of the weather. I don't want starving people eating half frozen chow at 2200, I'm sure you get the idea.

It's a good idea to bring along an additional 5 gallons of fuel (Or more) if you have a built vehicle that's not so great with the MPG's. The trail is roughly 130 to 160 miles. Bring enough water to last you the length of the trip as there are no facilities along the entire route. If you are concerned about where to put your beer, I will see if I can't make some room in my fridge to accommodate you. I know, I know a selfless act but a trail leader must make some sacrifices. In years past I have not heard any complaints about the trip or how it's run. At least not by anyone that's not still 6' under out there but that's a different story altogether. This trip is by design to get families together in a semi-rugged environment and use all that snivel gear you have piled up in your closets and have a whole lot of fun. Oh yeah, NO SODA LAKE...............nope, nope, nope not gonna do it NOPE!

The list:

1: Celt
2: Scuba Dale
3: Fire Ninja
4: AJ AKA #2
5: Scuba Dale's FIL
6: GBH
7: Duffman
8: Rick also known as the former owner of the Bumblebee
9: Vegasvuk
10: Fourxfunk
11: Sage Bromax
12: Fire Ninja's Cousin Ken.
13: FBinSD
14: Steve C
16: Joe P
17: Jordan
19: DangerWillRob
20: x4dblduty
22: UltraPC40
23: Cat herder: Jayrat

Waitlist:
1:
2:
3:
4:

Hotel reservation list:

1: Celt
2: Knightrider
3: Steve C

Previous years links that I could find with my mad computer skills:

https://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=4313.0

https://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=3593.0

I'm an analog guy in a digital world so I hope I'm doing this right!  I'm in for a hotel if it is night of the 20th depart the 21st.  Is that correct?

Celt

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2019, 09:12:43 PM »
I'm an analog guy in a digital world so I hope I'm doing this right!  I'm in for a hotel if it is night of the 20th depart the 21st.  Is that correct?

Yes we are coming back on the 21st. We will roll into Laughlin on the early evening of the 20th and head out the next morning. Don't worry about being Analong in a Digital world you will fit in just fine with these guys.

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2019, 09:19:36 PM »
Yes we are coming back on the 21st. We will roll into Laughlin on the early evening of the 20th and head out the next morning. Don't worry about being Analong in a Digital world you will fit in just fine with these THIS guys.

FIFY  ;D

Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Celt

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2019, 09:44:15 PM »

FBinSD

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2019, 02:41:29 PM »
I'll probably get a room also.
2012 Frontier pro4x

Celt

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2019, 03:06:17 PM »
 If you think about it bring a frog, matchbox car or something creepy for the creepy exhibit at the Mailbox as we always stop there to sign in. Maybe we can get a couple extra SCCX stickers and put one inside the book?