Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Hi-cap (Standard capacity) ban... Banned  (Read 6572 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Hi-cap (Standard capacity) ban... Banned
« on: March 31, 2019, 05:43:24 PM »
 A new ruling has just come down making the banning of magazines over 10 rounds unconstitutional here in California.

The good: Many retailers online have begun over night selling these magazines so now is the time to stock up.

The bad:The sitting leftist Juan Becera state attorney general can put forth legislation to appeal this to the 9th circus which could over turn this. It's a chess game he will have to very closely consider because a decision against his agenda could have national effect. The 9th circus is the most overturned appellate court in the nation so we have that going for our Constitutional rights.

The ugly: This could make it's way to the Supreme Court which would take several years to hash out. However,,,,If they heard the case and over turned a negative 9th circus opinion that would be the law of the land affecting all 50 states. If they chose not to hear the case the magazine ban may be re-enacted here in the state but would not necessarily affect the other states within the courts jurist diction.

All in all this is a good ruling for the 2A and I would encourage folks to start purchasing their standard capacity magazines as you should have been allowed to do so from the get go. I don't have a list of online retailers or brick and mortar stores that are selling them here just yet. Once I do I will get this updated. This only applies to magazines. It does not apply to other firearms laws here in California. Once more, magazines over the 10 round capacity are legal for all of you to purchase, possess and use. I'm a big proponent of knowing and exercising your rights. Exercise them they are yours.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 05:57:24 PM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

Celt

Re: Hi-cap ban... Banned
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 05:56:41 PM »

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re: Hi-cap (Standard capacity) ban... Banned
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 06:54:24 PM »
Gunfighter tactical in miramar will have a large shipment of standard AR/Glock mags coming in Tuesday at noon. They were accepting orders for all types of standard capacity mags but closed orders fairly early on Sunday to guarantee arrival by tuesday.  They sold their stock of 100 AR mags that they had in stock within a few hours of opening on Saturday, and it was limit 2 per person!

I stopped by poway weapons and gear and they are only taking special orders on Standard mags, no floor stock is available to non LEO despite them having quite the selection, :( they are waiting to see what happens on Monday before submitting orders. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 07:05:26 PM by knightrider »
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 07:04:40 PM »
Beebe in Fallbrook is taking online orders for pick-up at store.

SHOPBFAM.com
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

fourxfunk

• 4wd Pts: 14
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 08:43:29 PM »
Brownells is now shipping hi-caps to CA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 10:14:39 PM »
These guys made a very solid announcement on selling their drums to Cali. haha
https://shop.tacticalshit.com/

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 01:20:24 PM »
Gunfighter tactical in miramar will have a large shipment of standard AR/Glock mags coming in Tuesday at noon. They were accepting orders for all types of standard capacity mags but closed orders fairly early on Sunday to guarantee arrival by tuesday.  They sold their stock of 100 AR mags that they had in stock within a few hours of opening on Saturday, and it was limit 2 per person!

I stopped by poway weapons and gear and they are only taking special orders on Standard mags, no floor stock is available to non LEO despite them having quite the selection, :( they are waiting to see what happens on Monday before submitting orders.
I saw the IG post, the lines are out the door.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Celt

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 04:49:41 PM »
 Here is the latest news in case the information has not yet been disseminated out yet. It seems that there has been an injunction filed and another judge stayed the new ruling pending decision by the 9th circus court. What this means is if you are not in possession of the magazines by 1700 4/5/19 they would be considered illegal. How this exactly would be tracked I do not know if they are already in transit. I'm very sure the 9th circus will stay the ban but that will be challenged. I'm not sure how all of this will play out. The best case is this would get to the Supreme Court with a positive ruling. That would effectively be the law of the land and change things nationally. In lieu of the back and forth with all of this I thought it best to get this information out as quickly as I could so you can make your own informed decisions about what to do. I would of course be more than happy to have off line discussions for any questions I could help anyone with.

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 06:17:21 PM »
many are expecting their orders on Monday.....  ::)

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 10:39:37 PM »
The same judge who filed the injunction was ordered to issue the stay so he waited until the last minute to release his statement announcing the stay.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 07:16:09 AM »
Fortunately, the injunction only stops further sales, not the possession or use.  But read the injunction and codes before going out in public with them, because I am not a lawyer, not even on the internet.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

fourxfunk

• 4wd Pts: 14
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 10:38:17 AM »
Long live Saint Benitez!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 01:59:55 PM »
The circus court is going to sit on it (for years) until they see a liberal supreme court, just so it won't become national law.
And yes, I am an internet lawyer >:D
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 08:14:26 PM »
Remember this guys, if "someone" inquires about when or where you purchased the standard capacity magazines exercise your 1st amendment rights to shut your mouth as silence is golden. It is still upon the state to bring about the burden of proof.

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »
Remember this guys, if "someone" inquires about when or where you purchased the standard capacity magazines exercise your 1st amendment rights to shut your mouth as silence is golden. It is still upon the state to bring about the burden of proof.
Though, if you got them when the ban was lifted, they are still legal. I've seen quite a few firearms pages talk about this and dissect the law and it seems you're still good if you purchased during this time. However, like Celt said you ain't got to tell them nothing.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky