Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Met another Xterra guy this weekend  (Read 4625 times)

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
Met another Xterra guy this weekend
« on: March 20, 2017, 10:16:05 AM »
I was hanging out drinking a soda on the front porch with some friends and Rocky at Balarat on Sunday and a group of 4 Land Cruisers with RTTs stopped in with an odd man out Xterra.  I talked with him a bit and he is from SD/Clairemont area.  He had purchased his rig pretty much complete from a guy a couple of years ago that did stuff with this group.  I believe he said his name was Matt.  It was the midnight gray with a Gobi roof rack and ladder, Titan swap and Hefty rear bumper, sliders and skids.  The current owner (forgot his name) had a slight British or down under accent.  Dave and I pushed the group and he thought he would try to make the meetups.  He originally asked about the group since he saw the sticker on the back of Dave's X.  I am still waiting for the simple "SCCX" sticker that Jordan is out of.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: Met another Xterra guy this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 10:37:25 AM »
I was hanging out drinking a soda on the front porch with some friends and Rocky at Balarat on Sunday and a group of 4 Land Cruisers with RTTs stopped in with an odd man out Xterra.  I talked with him a bit and he is from SD/Clairemont area.  He had purchased his rig pretty much complete from a guy a couple of years ago that did stuff with this group.  I believe he said his name was Matt. It was the midnight gray with a Gobi roof rack and ladder, Titan swap and Hefty rear bumper, sliders and skids.  The current owner (forgot his name) had a slight British or down under accent.  Dave and I pushed the group and he thought he would try to make the meetups.  He originally asked about the group since he saw the sticker on the back of Dave's X.  I am still waiting for the simple "SCCX" sticker that Jordan is out of.

Yup...that's Matt's 2010 Xterra.  Really nice rig, glad to hear it's getting put to good use.

Which simple SCCX sticker are you looking for?
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JeffBett

• 06 Xterra
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 10:49:46 AM »
He had a pretty good body scrape/dent above the rear passenger wheel so I guess he doesn't baby it.  They had spent the night at the Pinnacles and was heading up Goler Wash over towards geologist cabin.

The sticker I like best is just the 4 letters, not the larger round one.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 11:26:03 AM »
He had a pretty good body scrape/dent above the rear passenger wheel so I guess he doesn't baby it.  They had spent the night at the Pinnacles and was heading up Goler Wash over towards geologist cabin.

Gotcha...that was a spec batch I had made, one off's. 

The round ones are much cheaper to produce...sorry, no mas.  :'(

KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:15:13 PM »

Jeff, to get one of those stickers you have to run the entire length of The Mojave Rd driving in reverse while patting the top of your head and simultaneously rubbing your tummy with your other hand. The final qualification is spinning a broadie around travelers monument on two wheels and making sure all of the onlookers have plenty of cold PBR to enjoy the show. Don't tell Ghost I told you how to get one of those stickers because it's a closely guarded secret.
Isaiah 6:8

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »

....with plenty of cold Jaegermeister to enjoy the show.

FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Celt

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 10:02:09 PM »
FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I had him led astray using my mad PSYOPS skills with the PBR and here you go revealing the true secret............... Gesh, can't do nuthin right around this bunch.

JeffBett

• 06 Xterra
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 07:45:38 AM »
I am willing to do all those things except I don't know what a broadie is?  They sell PBR at Stater Brothers, right?

Celt

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 08:03:19 AM »
I am willing to do all those things except I don't know what a broadie is?  They sell PBR at Stater Brothers, right?

<---- Broadie not to be confused with flipping a bitch   ------>

If they don't sell PBR at Stater Bros they ought to.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:07:36 AM by Celt »

kiwi_steve

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2010 Xterra
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 11:03:02 AM »
That was me (Steve), we just got back last night. We stayed at some abandoned cabin that night near the Striped Butte, then onto Ibex Springs on Monday night. There is a bundle of firewood somewhere in between those places also.

The dents came from Sidewinder (in Corral Canyon), have been there three times in the X, two dents (same place, same rock) and a broken CV joint as we raced out of there due to a Ford Bronco catching the bush on fire.

Matt built up an excellent vehicle and the only mod I have to do is wind up the odometer.

kiwi_steve

• 2010 Xterra
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 11:05:06 AM »
Oh yeah, I am from New Zealand and have lived here in SD for the past 22 years.

JeffBett

• 06 Xterra
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 12:53:00 PM »
So the accent was from south of the equator.  You have lost some of it though.  My daughter's boyfriend is a Kiwi and has much more accent then you do.  You gonna try to come to the meetups, its a pretty good time hanging out talking trips and Xterras.  If you stayed in a stone cabin, that is geologist cabin, great destination, been there a couple of times.  Does the sink still have a hole in it?

kiwi_steve

• 2010 Xterra
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 02:09:56 PM »
Yeah I'll try and make a meeting. The geologist cabin was occupied so we were at another place tucked into the hills a bit more.

JeffBett

• 06 Xterra
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 03:27:37 PM »
That would probably be Russell's, several rooms in a couple of buildings?  I have stayed there once.  We had to do a bunch of clean up, so much junk in the kitchen for mice to poop around.  I wish people would keep the cabins pretty stripped down so the rodents don't have a reason so to leave dropping everywhere.  I have probably stayed in 10 different cabins now.