Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Getting things in order  (Read 18378 times)

Aperion

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: 12
Getting things in order
« on: September 22, 2008, 07:22:33 AM »
I see a couple of people have joined up from thenewx.org, to you all, a hearty greeting. I know things look pretty basic right now, as everything is for the most part a stock install. As we get settled things will look more homely. As Mitch stated on theNewX site scxc.org is a temporary URL, the software however may be permanent, so if there is anyone signing up that wants to help contribute to the site speak up, help and contributions are always appreciated.

One area that could use help is the front page, if you have experience editing articles on wikipedia then you can edit the front page, I just need to grant you permission. Also, anyone who into photography, and/or graphics editing could contribute graphics to spruce up the site.  Just speak up so we know who can do what, and who is willing to do what.

Thanks.

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
Re: Getting things in order
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 04:05:58 PM »
I don't have any experience with doing much as far as web pages and wiki but if you know of any books or good sites for learning this stuff I'll get on it and do what I can.  Is it similar to editing pages on Dirttopia?  If it is then I thing they have a tutorial on editing thier pages.  BTW, where is the front page.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

Aperion

• Old-Schooler
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:57:07 PM »
I don't have any experience with doing much as far as web pages and wiki but if you know of any books or good sites for learning this stuff I'll get on it and do what I can.  Is it similar to editing pages on Dirttopia?  If it is then I thing they have a tutorial on editing thier pages.  BTW, where is the front page.
yes, it is actually the exact same software as dirtopia, so if you can edit dirtopia you can edit the front page, which is the wiki. I would like to use the wiki software as the front page so that any of us can edit the content. There is no need to worry about messing up the pages because the software keeps track of all changes, and mistakes can easily be rolled back.

And just to address a potential concern, not every can edit the wiki, only members of the forum in the BOD group, or the Wiki group.

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 06:57:07 PM »
Well, I did some editing and picture posting today.  It seems a bit labor intensive but once I got the hang of it it wasn't too bad.  So let me know where the front page is and I'll see what I can do.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:56:48 PM »
I have lots of pictures! Back from when I initially joined SCCX.
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

jefenger

• 4wd Pts: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 12:00:20 PM »
I can take photos and can also go through my old photos! I also play on wiki once in awhile, so let me know if I can help in anyway!

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 10:41:33 PM »
I remember that flyer! Marshann gave me a few of those last time and gave them away to fellow Xterra owners here in SD.
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

Aperion

• Old-Schooler
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 07:24:25 AM »
Here's a copy of the original SCCX flyer if you don't already have it.  I also have the full page size as a pdf.  Just let me know where to send it if needed. 

http://www.fototime.com/9C040187D0C133E/orig.jpg

:)
If it is less than 2MB just attach it to your post.

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 03:34:07 PM »
I found the link to attach documents under "Additional Options."  The files are ~780-785 KB each.

It appears you need to save the document/image to your computer and then open it, rather than trying to open it directly from the attachment.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 05:44:26 PM by rockinX »

FrankB

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 10:40:11 AM »
Chris,

Thanks for setting this site up and making it available.

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 05:17:54 PM »
You need pictures?

I'm on most trips and would love to continue to contribute photos.
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Aperion

• Old-Schooler
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 07:24:11 AM »
You need pictures?

I'm on most trips and would love to continue to contribute photos.
Sure, but what I need to do first is find out what pictures need to be replaced, also find a good skin to use as a starting point. then modify it from there. but if you have some good group shots, or pictures that show what the club is about we can put them on the wiki/front page